No mantas today..

Ido

Hi. This September I spent (sorry for the pun) a week in Hanifaru bay - Maldives .

We had a bad luck  - Not a single manta in the "manta bay" during the best season  - all week.

So - instead we shoot each other..  

Camera: Nikon Z7 2 . Housing: Isotta. lens: Nikon 8-15mm Sea&Sea strobes

_IDO2671-Edit.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fruehaufsteher2 said:

Nice, only a little blueish.

Was there really a week without mantas?? We've been there in August and had anything between 30 and 200 Mantas. Not to mention the nearly everyday whalesharks. "oceanfanaticsreethibeach" on insta were a good source of information.

Yep. No mantas all week... 

Sorry to hear that, usually Sept. is a great month for mantas.. maybe you had to look to the moon phases before of choosing the time, they are very active in the full and new moon..

Been there a couple of times and always got plenty of mantas!

_CRE3844.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/13/2023 at 5:34 PM, pcremone said:

Sorry to hear that, usually Sept. is a great month for mantas.. maybe you had to look to the moon phases before of choosing the time, they are very active in the full and new moon..

Been there a couple of times and always got plenty of mantas!

We had full moon. I think I spotted some werewolves but unfortunately - not mantas. The locals was astonished by this unlucky week.. 

Edited by Ido

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.