Hi from Cabo!

Hi all!

New member here, coming over from wetpixel. I've been a diver for 13 years or so and am currently a padi open water instructor living in Cabo San Lucas. My favorite diving has been in the Philippines, Magdalena Bay, Cabo Pulmo, various sites around Cabo, and Bonne Terre Mine in Missouri. In the future my goal is to make it to Socorro Island, Raja, and Tubbataha reef.

I vastly prefer video over photo, and I shoot a Sony A7S3 with the WWL1 and I have recently added the 90mm macro. I also use the GoPro Hero 11 and absolutely love it because I can take it on almost every dive I do and the stabilization is very good.

Edited by waywardriley
added
  • Like 2

On 1/19/2024 at 10:26 AM, Pooley said:

Hi and welcome - I'll be in Cabo in September for a week before I go on a Liveaboard in the Sea of Cortez - you may  get questioned nearer the time!

Mike

Hey Mike, I'm guessing you're going to Revillagigedo Islands (Socorro)? I have several friends that work on those boats. From what I hear it's one of the best locations in the world for large pelagic species. 

22 hours ago, TimG said:

Hi waywardriley!

Welcome! Great to have you here and we hope you really enjoy the forum. 

Thanks for the welcome Tim!

Not Socorro this time sadly, but a whale shark trip in the sea of Cortez isn't  a bad 2nd prize!

If I do liveaboards with Mrs P there needs to be some snorkelling involved so we need to speak to the crew before we book for Socorro