Everything posted by Pietro
-
Confirmed: Sony Fisheye Zoom 8-14mm
Never mind... I tried the 30mm extension and, with the 230 dome, you can see the sunshade vignetting. It's better with the 20mm extension.
-
Confirmed: Sony Fisheye Zoom 8-14mm
For Marelux users… I’ve just got confirmation from Marelux engineers that they recommend a 30 mm extension instead of the 40 mm behind the 140, 210, and 230 mm domes.
-
Confirmed: Sony Fisheye Zoom 8-14mm
Arrived today for testing from Sony Italy... I’ll use it underwater over the next few days. First thoughts: Incredibly small and light. Just slightly less magnification than the Canon 8–15 at minimum focus distance, which is also a bit longer than the Canon’s. On my Marelux setup, I’ll use it by removing the 20mm extension ring from my Canon configuration, which is the best I can do since I don’t have smaller extensions (the difference in length between the two setups is 26mm). So, a 20mm extension instead of 40mm with the 230 dome, and the same with the mini dome. Let’s see how it performs underwater...
-
Sony 100 mm macro
Yes I will upgrade because af and versatility without diopters, overall is better than 90 ;)
-
Sony 100 mm macro
I tried it yesterday in two dives, which are definitely not enough, but after this first test my impression is that the 100 mm is slightly better, although there aren’t any big differences compared to the 90 mm in normal use (tested with the A1 body). Sharpness seems just as good as the 90 mm (same diffraction at the same apertures at first sight... f/13 looks perfect, then from f/16 to f/18 the detail starts to decrease) Autofocus feels a bit faster, and I found it slightly easier to focus with diopters and on distant subjects. Also, when using diopters, I didn’t notice any significant differences as magnification and working distance are almost the same. The biggest advantage is the 1.4x magnification without any wet lens. I’d like to give it another try as soon as possible, curious to hear Alex’s thoughts from Lembeh.
-
Sony 100 mm macro
Tested today underwater with 97 port plus 20mm, as the shorter was too risky, I followed @Alex_Mustard advice. Everything was ok. Also no vignetting with diopters (smc-1 and inon ucl67m67 with flip) I’m diving again tomorrow if the sea it’s not too rough…
-
Sony 100 mm macro
Good advice, Alex. In fact, the shortest option is really tight (basically the space of a business card), so I’m a bit worried about it. Anyway, I also tried the 97mm + 20mm combo and it's fine — there’s no vignetting with the close-up lens (SMC-1) mounted on the flip. So this is probably the best option: fewer extension rings, less bulky setup... (until the proper port will be available)
-
Sony 100 mm macro
Got the lens from Sony Italy today for testing! Using a 20 mm extension with the 90 mm port works — not perfectly, a bit too much space. (Marelux macro port is 97 + 20 extension = 117 mm;) I also tried the 32 macro port + 60 + 20 = 112 mm setup and is much closer to the glass… First impressions on the lens: the autofocus is super fast… hope to test it underwater soon…
-
Hello!
Hello from Italy, happy to see lots of friends here 🙂