Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

First Dives with Uwatec's Galileo Sol

Started by peterbkk ·

  • 168Posts
  • 168Replies

Read-only discussion

First Dives with Uwatec's Galileo Sol

168 posts
  1. Do you have a good source for bungee material of that diameter? I've looked a bit, but have not really found anything suitable. Thanks!

  2. Thanks!

  3. You're welcome!

     

    I burned the ends, of course, and used a couple tiny zip-ties to ensure the knots I tied wont come apart -- may be overkill, but it works!.

  4. Great, thanks for the tips. I just placed an order for a roll.

  5. My stainless faceplate has fallen off the SOL twice now. I used 3M 5200 Marine adheive sealant to reattach last time but it gave way again, fortunately on the dive deck. Looking through thread I can't find a specific adhesive to fix this issue right. Any sugestions on a brand of epoxy or sealant that will adhere to stainless?

     

    Steve

    Edited by Eyematey
  6. my second strap has now died....

    and the plate has come off twice..

    please suggest a good glue

    I used superglue and it came off again

  7.  

    please suggest a good glue

    I used superglue and it came off again

     

     

    Superglue ain't as super as they'd have you believe.

     

    Any good epoxy resin would be fine - the glue were you mix two sticky liquids together.

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.