Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Your Favourite Shot of 2007

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 71Posts
  • 71Replies

Read-only discussion

Your Favourite Shot of 2007

71 posts
  1. I always find it very hard to decide which picture actually is my favorite one...

     

    The picture was taken in the red sea near Marsa Nakari.

    1/60sec, f9, ISO 400.

    Canon 400d in Hugyfot housing, Sigma 15mm FE, Magic Filter.

    post-6070-1198141160_thumb.jpg

  2. I allow myself to break the rule :blush:

    In 2007 I upgraded my Oly 5050z into a Nikon D80.

     

    so here is my most favourite photo of 2007 with the 5050:

    1_92800127.jpg

    shot with a single DS125 strobe and an Ikelite case.

     

    here is my favourite 2007 sphoto with the D80:

    1_104551411.jpg

    dual DS125 strobes and Sigma 50mm Macro lens.

  3. Wow. Some quality images! Keep 'em coming.

     

    Alex

  4. I didn't have the chance to take a lot of photos in '07 :) but here is one of my favorites, a Galapagos shark photographed here in Oahu...

     

    C_galapagensis.jpg

  5. some really nice shots... esp the weedy sea dragon and galapagos shark... luiz, you live on oahu, you should be out diving every day! :)

     

    here's mine, sea lions playing at anacapa island, southern california

     

    212700072-M.jpg

     

    nikon d80, tokina 10-17mm, dual Ys-110s

  6. I envy all the clean shots before. Mine or never that clean.

     

    A shot that is not near to perfect, but always makes me smile (because of the way you look through the eyes. These labrids were just annoying because they would move too fast to take a decent shot....

     

    1963722208_1ac29cc3ac.jpg

     

    and I'm gonna cheat as well, I think this could be my best (altough another one of the same subject people liked more at flickr). I like the alternating of sharp and unsharp. maybe some more backscatter cloning.....:

     

    1809717279_eb67a416a6.jpg

    (maybe best viewed full size:)

     

    (forgot to mention: both using 20D in ikelite, 60mm macro, dual DS-50 strobes)

    Edited by Cerianthus
  7. This moment still stands out in my mind as a high light for this years diving.

     

     

    482218018_d013231c31.jpg

  8. Pigmy seahorse in blue

    CSA_1895-41-1561-2-600.JPG

    Edited by Carlos_Suarez
  9. Not really a patch on the rest but this was from my first dive with an external strobe and the first photo that came out like I had envisioned it

     

    1444285056_7bfabb935c.jpg

     

    Heres to getting better over the next year

     

    Happy winterval/summerval everyone

  10. Not my best photographically speaking but the image itself makes me smile whenever I see it!

     

    2259564470100390769S600x600Q85.jpg

  11. Hey, really hard to decide on one shot

     

    let's go for this one :

    this cool cowfish just stopped a second to take a closer look at me, then went on his way searchin for dinner...

     

    2057404486_72f7e776a8.jpg

  12. Saw this little fella hiding in an anemone and only had one shot at him

    due to the current being a bit strong

    post-6017-1198276769_thumb.jpg

  13. Fiji in April. I like the cute pilot fish.

     

    469126394_ce6a758fbe_o.jpg

     

    Exposure: 0.01 sec (1/100)

    Aperture: f/7.1

    Focal Length: 16 mm

    ISO Speed: 100

  14. Here is my favorite, a nice turtle having a jelly snack. Cozumel, drifting along waiting for the boat to pick me up. When I saw him headed towards me he had a look in his eye like he was going somewhere, I turned and saw the jelly floating beside me. I was able to time it exactly like I saw it. Shot with a Nikonos & 20mm.

     

    post-4526-1198308441_thumb.jpg

     

    The other reason it's my favorite is it convinced me it was time to put the film away and go digital. Color is off, partly due to scanner issues. Still need to play in CS3 with it. Not a great image but it was fun!

     

    Steve

  15. Here's the image I'm most pleased about from a trip to the polar bear capital of the world.

     

    Its taken with a D2x with 12-24mm zoom in a Nexus housing,

    post-3958-1198325022_thumb.jpg

  16. There's some great shots from everyone this year. Here's my contribution – a hammerhead school over white sand at Darwin in the northern Galapagos, taken during what was supposed to be a safety stop while speeding along in a fast current. Not my most artistic, but a different sorta shot, and the first of a series of five before the school parted and fled.post-6326-1198330630_thumb.jpg

  17. I have a few photos I like this year but for some reason this one comes to mind. I suppose because it was the only shot I got off, then they moved.

     

    CAY6777.jpg

  18. More great stuff. Thanks guys for joining the fun.

     

    Alex

  19. Great stuff, everybody!

     

    I took this on the Wetpixel shark & dolphin Shearwater trip in the Bahamas. For dolphins, we just used snorkel gear and had to swim as fast as we could to try to keep up with the small dolphin pods we encountered (I've described them as small "traveling circuses" because they kept just moving whether we were there or not).

     

    I think I was the most out-of-shape person in the group, so when we did get a few minutes with a pod, I was generally at the (rear) fringe of the group :) , whereas the more athletic members (e.g., Eric) were in the middle of the pod! <_< But I did get a few shots I liked, and this one ended up as my favorite:

     

    182607188-M.jpg

     

    Taken with Canon 1D MkIIN in Seacam housing, Sigma 15mm FE lens.

  20. My favorite photo from 2007 in Maldives with an Olympus E330

     

    2122733942_b11c905074.jpg

    Edited by EstebanTore
Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.