Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Your Favourite Shot of 2007

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 71Posts
  • 71Replies

Read-only discussion

Your Favourite Shot of 2007

71 posts
  1. post-1116-1198559406_thumb.jpgWell, as others have said before me, not technically my favorite, but my favorite as it epitomizes the wonder of man in the ocean when he comes across the fantastic. It also has the love of photo connection, and it was a kick-ass dive. :) Oops, did I say that??? Anyway, Mary Island ROCKS. Oh, and it may have been my last film dive....maybe. Gotta love the sunball. :D

    Happy New Year to all,

    Marli

    Edited by scubamarli
  2. I was trying for a sunburst silhouette in Jellyfish Lake, Palau, and did multiple free dives to about 12 feet, then shot my wife, Karen, coming up. This one worked the best. An added bonus was that Snell's Window looked like a globe of the earth. So it ended up being our holiday card .

     

     

     

    post-830-1198595281_thumb.jpg

  3. Happy Holidays!

    post-7861-1198600344_thumb.jpg

    Edited by hydraulicphoto
  4. post-7708-1198612153_thumb.jpg

    Hi Alex

    My/our diving split 50.50 between tropical and Dosthill Quarry UK.

    This is my favourite (inspite of Indonesia trip),I have been pursuing the Dosthill Quarry pike all year, this looks more like a tropical shot but only photo shop for colour balance and exposure (it was a nice day!)

    Nikon D70s Ikelite housing and strobes Sigma 17-70 zoom.

     

    Happy Christmas Tim Digger

    Edited by Tim Digger
  5. res_1258718579.jpg

     

    Point Lobos State Reserve, Carmel CA

  6. Here is mine. Guadalupe Island, Nikon D2x, 12-24mm, Aquatica Housing.

    Happy Hollidays!!!

     

    Marcelo Krause.

     

    gsw.jpg

  7. I'm very impressed: everyone gets their fish to look at the camera!

     

    My favourite, for entirely egotistical reasons: despite being mounted upside down in exhibition, this made the Diver magazine calendar for 2008:

     

     

    post-4522-1198775381_thumb.jpg

     

     

    But, to REALLY cheat, these came very, very close:

     

     

    post-4522-1198775484_thumb.jpg

     

     

    post-4522-1198775505_thumb.jpg

     

    I suppose that there IS eye contact...

     

    All taken with a Nikon D70 in a Nexus housing with twin Inon Z220 strobes. This Sudan trip was the camera's last outing: it has now gone to a new home. I wish it well!

     

     

    Tim

     

     

    B)

  8. Hi all,

     

    I think this is my favourite shot of 2007. At the very least it has convinced me that it is possible to get great results underwater!!!

     

    974153689_04b9912f86.jpg

     

    2007 and has been a great year-I re-discovered underwater photography and found Wetpixel! Many thanks for the support and advice that you all give so freely on here.

     

    All the very best to everyone for the holidays, and great diving/photography in 2008.

     

    Adam

  9. Bonaire in October

     

    Anemone-Shrimp.jpg

  10. Just took this last week on at Darwin in the Galapagos. I still marval at the awe I felt being so close to this giant!

     

    Take care,

    John

    post-6271-1198988588_thumb.jpg

  11. This is not a technically perfect image, however, it brings back a lot of wonderful memories when diving in Jupiter, Florida We were very lucky to see many Goliath Groupers on this dive. It was taken with a D70S, the lens was a 10.5mm. The settings used were Manual, F/7.1 and 1/60s

     

    Jupiter_2.sized.jpg

  12. Really tough choice for me. I have some images from this year that I think are more beautiful. This one won't be entered in any contests. And Marli brought up Mary Island... I have images from last New Year's Eve at Mary Island that are very special to me - mostly because it is such an awe inspiring place, as Marli says. But New Year's Eve was last year. So I chose this one because I'm a critter lover, and this is one of the ultimate critters, at least in my view. A blue ring octopus, a critter I hadn't seen in almost five years. They were plentiful this fall in Lembeh. And so I shot this image which I hope captures just a little of the intense personality!

     

    071102_068.jpg

     

    Linda

  13. Seeing all these excellent images, I feel humbled.

     

    This one was taken a few weeks ago in Eilat.

     

    89963703.jpg

  14. FA_102598_76796_1196717894.jpg:)
  15. arent they sweet ?? :)

    post-4151-1199103445_thumb.jpg

  16. More great shots. I didn't see that second goby, Marco, unitl I clicked on the image.

     

    Alex

  17. More great shots. I didn't see that second goby, Marco, unitl I clicked on the image.

     

    Alex

     

    haha,it took me at least 4 minutes shooting the first one before the second came out :)

  18. post-9504-1199127664_thumb.jpgMy fav for this year -- stomach of an anemone.

    Even with all the "big fish" in Palau, this unusual shot was my favorite.

  19. Some amazing images on this post! This is a great annual tradition!

     

    This image is from my first ( but hopefully, not last) trip to the Bunaken Marine Park in Indonesia, and I was blown away by the magnificent healthy hard corals.... plus I love sweetlips!

     

    Taken with D200 in Subal + 12-24 lens

     

    Fletcher

    post-3320-1199208448_thumb.jpg

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.