Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

D200 housing mod to D300

Started by shchae ·

  • 55Posts
  • 55Replies

Read-only discussion

D200 housing mod to D300

55 posts
  1. I have now done two trips to PNG with my D300 in the D20 housing and have to say that I am very pleased with the conversion. I finally got round to making a page on my website to document the actual conversion so that it's easy for anybody else considering it - here is the link:

     

    http://www.indopacificimages.com/pages/pag...00_convert.html

     

    I have also created image galleries from both trips:

     

    Tufi: http://www.indopacificimages.com/pages/ima...lery/index.html

     

    Tawali: http://www.indopacificimages.com/pages/ima...lery/index.html

     

    The bottom line is that if you already have a D300 and a D200 housing, this is a great way to go!

     

    Don

  2. Sam installed the D300 kit in my Subal during one of his recent trips to California. To label the new functions of the controls, I bought stick-on letters at a craft shop.

  3. Has anyone managed this with a Sea and Sea DX-D200 yet?

  4. I would be interested in Sea&Sea upgrade too.

  5. Hi Sam,

    This is great work. Would it be possible to convert the Subal ND80 housing to take a Nikon D90? Taking into account that under water, I usually only touch aperture, shutter speed and shutter release which are all in the same place. And sometimes the multiselector (different story). I will not use liveview or video.

    --Rob

  6. Hi

    Work is in process & it can be done.

    Subal D200 housing was tighter than Nexus but, still has room to adopt

    D300 with minor mod, using even same base plate + same back plate.

     

    So far,

    1.Lens hole is centered.

    2.Using same base plate (front steel piece for D200 removed & new

    D300 plate will be added to secure the camera properly).

    3.Need to tune a spring botton & on/off switch. Minor work.

    4.Using same back plate. (extra shoes need to be added like I did on Nexus).

     

    I am not drilling new hole or plugging the hole. Goal is to modify

    the housing with small screw driver & allen keys in 10-15 min. & put

    it back to original in same amount of time as needed, all at minimum cost.

     

    Sam

  7. Hi

    Work is in process & it can be done.

    Subal D200 housing was tighter than Nexus but, still has room to adopt

    D300 with minor mod, using even same base plate + same back plate.

     

    So far,

    1.Lens hole is centered.

    2.Using same base plate (front steel piece for D200 removed & new

    D300 plate will be added to secure the camera properly).

    3.Need to tune a spring botton & on/off switch. Minor work.

    4.Using same back plate. (extra shoes need to be added like I did on Nexus).

     

    I am not drilling new hole or plugging the hole. Goal is to modify

    the housing with small screw driver & allen keys in 10-15 min. & put

    it back to original in same amount of time as needed, all at minimum cost.

     

    Sam

    Hi Sam, My d-200 is out of service. I could get another body or upgrade to d300. I have subal housing. Any more of those adapter kits available? Sure would like one. Thank you. ED

  8. ED,

     

    I replied PM.

     

    Sam

  9. Hi Sam

     

    Are the D300 conversion kits still available? I have both Subal and Sea and Sea housings for the D200.

     

    Thanks Sean

  10. How Can I buy one kit to change my subal ND20 to ND30?

     

    Thanks

  11. Hola a todos los miembros de Wetpixel , Hello to all members of Wetpixel

     

    Siento escribir en castellano o español , pero tengo un mal ingles I sorry writing in spanish or castellano , but I have a bad English.

     

    Bueno comentarles, que yo desde hace ya algunos años vendi mi Nikon d200 que usaba con su caja Sea&sea dx d200 y compre la nikon d300 , con lo cual tuve que adaptar esta ultima a la caja Sea&sea DX D200.

     

    Bueno , inicialmente me pareció facil , pero a medida que iba trabajando iba encontrando obstáculos que iba superando . Antes de empezar todo contacte con un constructor de cajas ( www.sagadive.com ) , por que ellos habían realizado la modificación de una de ellas , pera la verdad es que me aportaron poco .

     

    Las dos SLR tiene muchos puntos en común , pero inicialmente el mayor trabajo , de mas precisión y delicado es la confección de la base de asentamiento o zapata ( quick shoe ) por que el centro de rosca del tornillo de las SLR son diferentes .

     

    Bien, podría seguir seguir en el tema durante varias paginas con fotos , pero antes me gustaria saber si existe alguien interado en las explicaciones

     

    Gracias a todos // Thank you all for your reading

     

    ommsub

  12. Are just got a Subal ND200 - are any of your conversion kits available?? I am especially interested in the D300.

     

    Thanks,

     

    Mark

  13. Sam,

     

    Is the upgrade kit still availabe - I would be highly interessted in this kit!

     

    Are there maybe also other upgrade possible with the ND20?

     

    Thanks!

     

    Michael

  14. Hi,

     

    Upgrade was available in 2008 & are no longer available.

     

    Sam

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.