Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Your Chance to Dive with Eric Cheng and Douglas Seifert!

Started by PNWDiver ·

  • 120Posts
  • 120Replies

Read-only discussion

Your Chance to Dive with Eric Cheng and Douglas Seifert!

120 posts
  1. Pacific Northwest divers, here is your chance to dive with the monumentally famous Eric Cheng, founder of your beloved Wetpixel and Douglas Seifert, Contributing Editor, Dive Magazine UK!

     

    Dates will be August 17th and 18th, Sunday and Monday. We will be going out with Bandito Charters for two dives/per day. Specifics will be posted as the dates approach. For now there are 7-10 open spots, for a total of 10-14 divers, depending on interest. In addition if people would like there could be a meet and greet the evening of the 17th in Seattle area, maybe a chance to bring dvds of your stuff to show off.

     

    This is a "first post/commit first served" soiree. If there is overwhelming interest we may limit to current WP members but if we have trouble filling the boat all dives buddies will be welcome. Since we are chartering the boat you need to be sure you can make the dates you commit to.

     

    If interested post here, most fair system.

     

    Any questions just post and I will try to get answers.

     

    PS: this is NWDiver but tried changing my email and now I can't post or get into my old email.

    Edited by cor
  2. Do you know a possible meet time and location for the Bandito Charter on Mon.

     

     

     

    Pacific Northwest divers, here is your chance to dive with the monumentally famous Eric Cheng, founder of your beloved Wetpixel and Douglas Seifert, Contributing Editor, Dive Magazine UK!

     

    Dates will be August 17th and 18th, Sunday and Monday. We will be going out with Bandito Charters for two dives/per day. Specifics will be posted as the dates approach. For now there are 7-10 open spots, for a total of 10-14 divers, depending on interest. In addition if people would like there could be a meet and greet the evening of the 17th in Seattle area, maybe a chance to bring dvds of your stuff to show off.

     

    This is a "first post/commit first served" soiree. If there is overwhelming interest we may limit to current WP members but if we have trouble filling the boat all dives buddies will be welcome. Since we are chartering the boat you need to be sure you can make the dates you commit to.

     

    If interested post here, most fair system.

     

    Any questions just post and I will try to get answers.

     

    PS: this is NWDiver but tried changing my email and now I can't post or get into my old email.

  3. Hey Pacific NW divers! I look forward to diving with you, and I promise that Douglas will not stab anyone.

     

    OK. that sounded a bit weird. but you will get to know Douglas. :)

    Edited by echeng
  4. Damn. I won't be in Seattle until the 19th. So close.

     

    Alex

  5. For once my timetable may just work out.

     

    I will be in Anacortes for a workshop 13 - 16th. Getting back down to Seattle for dives 17th and 18th looks feasible, if I can pick up some rental gear. Had not planned on bringing my underwater kit all the way from Gozo, but this swings it.

     

    As long as the logistics work, count me in for both days.

     

    Cheers

    Rob

  6. I can come for both days.

     

    I'll be up in Spokane visiting family and then on my way up to Canada.

     

    I can dive on the way both days - let me know specifics.

     

    Best, Carol

  7. does dougie have a bright yellow dry suit? :D

  8. Bandito "typically" departs from the Tacoma waterfront leaving early in the morning. Departure point and time depend on tides and where the Capitan thinks we will have the best dive/viz combo. There are two tank and three tank trips. If we get a full WP boat we can choose but if we have to fill with others it won't be as simple.

     

    Rob, no problem getting you gear. If you want a drysuit there are just a couple of guys that rent them.

     

    So as it sits at this moment confirmed divers are:

     

    Eric

    Douglas

    Martin

    Jon

    Carol

  9. If possible, can you sign me up for one day, Monday. The South Sound in the Tacoma area has some awesome dive sites :D

     

    I already have a prior commitment for Sunday, I will be participating in the Danskin triathalon, trying to stay fit to carry around all this camera gear. But, I would love to meet you guys on Sunday evening.

     

    Kathryn

  10. Count me in for Sunday (can't make Monday - you know, day job and all...)!

     

    I just got a brand new DUI drysuit that hasn't been wet yet, but I'll try to get in the water this week so you all don't have to watch me on the boat struggling to get my weighting, etc. figured out! :D

  11. Hi Martin and all,

     

    I notice in Martin's list Jon is confirmed. If that's not me already, please add me for both days. We should let Rick from Bandito know that Eric is particularly interested in Octos.

     

    Cheers,

    Jon Walwick

  12. Please sign me up....I'm a Seattle native and would like to get back to my roots, diving in Puget Sound....I hate to say it, but the last time I dove in the Sound was 2 years ago with a new DUI my wife bought me. (She had hoped that I would dive around the Seattle area more often, and not zoom off to the tropics every chance I got) It will be great to meet some folks from around here and hopefully have some new buddies to dive with. And of course it will be fun to see and dive with Eric again.

     

    Greg Bang

    Edited by SEAdiver
  13. Sod diving with "Deux Glace" again. The last time almost killed me, no joke. Whoever goes ask him about the little current him, his then model, now wife, and I got into on Blue Corner in Palau.......now there's a story.

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

  14. I'm excited to dive with you all! I've done limited diving on this coast, and am looking forward to it.

  15. Dang! I'll be returning from Cozumel late on Saturday night so I don't think it would work out on Sunday.

    And, of course, there's work on Monday :D

     

    But I'll be thinking of all of you enjoying the diving on the Bandito as I'm rinsing my gear in the bathtub.

     

    Ellen

  16. Of course anyone can just dive one of the two days.

     

    Jon W yes the Jon on the list is you.

     

    Greg did you want to dive both days?

     

     

    As of now:

     

    Sunday

    Eric

    Douglas

    Jon

    Carol

    Bruce

    Greg

    Martin

    Need 3 more

     

    Monday

    Eric

    Douglas

    Jon

    Carol

    Greg(?)

    Martin

    Kathryn

    Aquatic

    Need 2-3 more

    (Need minimum of 10 for one boat; the other can take up to 14)

     

    FYI it is possible that Rick, who will be our Capitan, will be the Capitan of the other boat Eric and Douglas will be going out on. Soooo they can put their heads together to pick dive sites for the 17th and 18th.

    Edited by NWDiver
  17. Martin;

     

    I'm a maybe for Monday, it looks like I may be cruising my own boat the week before in the San Juans, so it looks pretty tight.

     

    Jack

  18. Of course anyone can just dive one of the two days.

     

    After thinking about it, I ~may~ be able to do Monday. I'll need Sunday off for my body to recover from the flight back from Coz and from the time zone changes, but Monday may be OK. I'll check tomorrow at work and let you know tomorrow if I can make it on Monday.

     

    The good thing is that I'd already have my camera gear already packed and ready to go. I would need, however, to change my exposure suit. A 3 mil just wouldn't do it in Puget Sound.

     

    Ellen

  19. Wrong sign in.

    Edited by lonedolphin
  20. Count me in for both days - I'll bring my gear!

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.