Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Your Chance to Dive with Eric Cheng and Douglas Seifert!

Started by PNWDiver ·

  • 120Posts
  • 120Replies

Read-only discussion

Your Chance to Dive with Eric Cheng and Douglas Seifert!

120 posts
  1. Ellen was talking about possibly making the meet and greet and if so I might hitch a ride if I still can function properly of course (remember cut me some slack I'm a Fla gal..... :) )

     

    Carol :B):

  2. ATTENTION ALL DIVERS!!!!

     

    Here are the details for our upcoming adventure into the crystal clear waters of the Puget Sound that swarm with Giant Pacific Octos and Wolf Eels. :huh:

     

    Sunday, August 17th

    Be at the Delin’s Dock ready to go by 9:00am.

    Monday, August 18th

    Be at Delin’s Dock Ready to go by 10:00am.

    Map to Delin Dock: http://www.banditocharters.com/bandito/ima...lin%20Docks.jpg

     

    Please note these dives are very tide dependant so it is important you be a little early rather than a little late.

     

    Trips average about 6 hours dependant on the divers. So figure we will be back to the dock around 3pm-4pm. For those of you not fimilar with the area it is about a 40-50minute drive from downtown Seattle to the dock, that is given no traffic. Monday it is very likely you will hit traffic both ways. Maybe some of the other local divers can chime in on how long they think it will take to get from downtown Seattle to the dock.

     

     

    The Wetpixel Greet and Meet :)

    Date: Sunday the 18th

    Time: Will depend when we get off the boat. But giving time for folks to get home, unpack, hopefully shower, let’s say around 7pm.

    Place:

    Martin & Julie Heyn

    3040 11th Ave W

    Seattle 98119

    The street parking can be tough but two cars can park on the curb in front of our house.

    What to Bring: Pretty much just you and any friend, spouse or significant other. We will provide all beverages, adult and otherwise, snacks, buns and condiments. We need a count of how many will attend so we can get an idea of how much stuff we need. Bruce has been kind enough to volunteer to make a run for Burgers and Dogs.

    Right now we have:Updated 7/28

    Martin & Julie

    Eric

    Douglas

    Jon & Angela

    Bruce

    Zeb

    Kevin

     

    Keep checking here for updates!

  3. Updated Meet and Greet.

     

    Johanna

    Martin & Julie

    Eric

    Douglas

    Jon & Angela

    Bruce

    Zeb

    Kevin

    Greg

     

    As long as everyone is ok with burgers, brauts/hotdogs I think we are ok. If someone wants to bring a dessert or another salad that would be great.

     

     

    My husband Mike and I would like to go to the meet and greet. I can bring a potatoe salad-we are locals. Pat Gunderson

  4. Great Pat! The more the merrier.

    Edited by NWDiver
  5. Hi All,

     

    I have gotten a couple of emails about payment. Right now, if everyone shows, the cost is $75.00 per person/day for a two tank trip. You can pay Bandito online or the day of the dive, just let me know so I can make sure everything is covered.

  6. Hey guys. Just a quick note -- unfortunately, Douglas had to pull out of the trip. So it will just be me and Simon.

  7. Count me in on both Sunday and Monday boat dives, and the Sunday BBQ. :drink:

  8. Ok another confirmation of how things stand to date. Please correct me if you see anything missing or that does not make sense, I’m no Julie McCoy.

     

    Sunday

    Eric

    Matt

    Jon

    Carol

    Bruce

    Greg

    Martin

    Simon

    Linda

    Pgundersons

    Pgundersons

    Johanna

    Zebulen Pike

    Kevin Mount

    14 Divers

     

    Monday

    Eric

    Simon

    Matt

    Jon

    Carol

    Greg

    Martin

    Kathryn

    Aquatic

    Johanna

    Ellen

    Pgundersons

    Pgundersons

    Zebulen Pike

    Kevin Mount

    15 Divers I am checking to see if this is ok with the Bandito. If not no worries I will sit this day out.

     

    MEET AND GREET

    Johanna

    Martin & Julie

    Eric

    Simon

    Jon & Angela

    Bruce

    Greg

    Ellen

    Carol

    Pat & Mike

    Matt

    Zeb??

    Kevin??

    Once again I apologize in advance for the parking situation in our area. I will have a life size balloon replica of Eric Cheng floating above the mailbox, or something like that.

     

    DIVING

    Sunday, August 17th

    Be at the Delin’s Dock ready to go by 9:00am.

    Monday, August 18th

    Be at Delin’s Dock Ready to go by 10:00am.

    Map to Delin Dock: http://www.banditocharters.com/bandito/ima...lin%20Docks.jpg

     

    Please note these dives are very tide dependant so it is important you be a little early rather than a little late.

     

    Trips average about 6 hours, dependant on the divers. So figure we will be back to the dock around 3pm-4pm. For those of you not familiar with the area it is about a 40-50minute drive from downtown Seattle to the dock, that is given no traffic. Monday it is very likely you will hit traffic both ways. Maybe some of the other local divers can chime in on how long they think it will take to get from downtown Seattle to the dock.

    Edited by NWDiver
  9. I sent a life-sized cardboard cutout of me to my high school class' 10 year reunion.

     

    It was defaced.

  10. Hi All,

     

    I have gotten a couple of emails about payment. Right now, if everyone shows, the cost is $75.00 per person/day for a two tank trip. You can pay Bandito online or the day of the dive, just let me know so I can make sure everything is covered.

     

    Martin, just FYI, I have paid online for my space on Sunday's charter.

     

    thanks,

    Linda

  11. No problem Dan that gets us back to 14 but NO ONE else can cancel :chatterbox:. Also I hope everyone checked Bandito's site and is aware you should be bringing your own tanks and weights.

  12. Hi All,

     

    I have gotten a couple of emails about payment. Right now, if everyone shows, the cost is $75.00 per person/day for a two tank trip. You can pay Bandito online or the day of the dive, just let me know so I can make sure everything is covered.

  13. I have paid for both my husband and myself over the internet. Pat Gunderson. question is it 2 dives, so we bring the right number of tanks. thanks

  14. We just talked to Rick and he said that you will need to bring a full tank for each dive (two tanks total).

  15. Any more free spots on either Sunday or Monday? My planned visit to Boston just fell through due to a canceled flight, so now I am free.

     

    I could fill 1 or 2 spots on either day. I dive with Rick and Banditos all the time, and would love to meet the whole crowd here.

     

    Thanks,

    Dave

  16. Hey Eric - I'm out of town for the weekend at Mt Ranier but should be back early Sunday afternoon. I'll try to come by the meet and greet to say Hi since I haven't seen you for like 2 1/2 years. Lots has happened since Palau. Safe diving in the sound, hopefully you'll find some of our great octo's and wolf eels to capure. Rick and Banditos are great, I used to use them alot. Have fun out there.

  17. I hope everyone checked Bandito's site and is aware you should be bringing your own tanks and weights.

     

    I'm in Cozumel right now and will be flying back to Portland tomorrow arriving about 7:30 PM at PDX. Thankfully, I already picked up my tanks and weights before I left for Coz :chatterbox:

     

    Ellen

  18. Looking forward to seeing everybody - both diving and at the meet & greet! BTW, I just picked up a s#*%load (squidload) of brats and burgers (including veggie, turkey and good ol' cow-flesh) for the meet & greet, so there oughtta be something for everybody! :chatterbox:

  19. Is anybody driving up from Portland on Sunday in time for the Meet and Greet and returning on Monday after the dives on the Bandito?

     

    If so, maybe we could drive up together and share expenses.

     

    Ellen

  20. Hi all,

     

    Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow! Looks like it will be a hot one, the good news for those coming to the Meet and Greet is we have AC!

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.