Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Your Chance to Dive with Eric Cheng and Douglas Seifert!

Started by PNWDiver ·

  • 120Posts
  • 120Replies

Read-only discussion

Your Chance to Dive with Eric Cheng and Douglas Seifert!

120 posts
  1. Ah, but I've managed to shed 26 pounds, whereas you will always have the appearance of a giraffe suffering from acute whiplash...

  2. Things will be tight but we can always take one more Simon. Did I mention there are Park Fees for our "foreign" visitors? They run about US$75 or the just about the cost of a days worth of boat diving.

    Edited by NWDiver
  3. Ah, but I've managed to shed 26 pounds, whereas you will always have the appearance of a giraffe suffering from acute whiplash...
    Touche amigo.

     

    Dive safe.

  4. Having just reviewed the equipment I'll need for the course I'm doing prior to the 17th there is no way I'll manage to bring u/w gear as well.

     

    As much as I would have liked to get some dives in, I'm afraid I will need to drop out.

     

    Rob

  5. The following is the current count I have for divers please check and if I am missing anyone let me know.

     

    Also Eric says they are up for a greet and meet on Saturday or Sunday evening. We are happy to provide beverages and snacks, if folks would like to make it BYOB, burn your own burger, we have a good sized gas grill and we have plenty of condiments.

     

    So Saturday or Sunday? Drinks & Snacks or BYOB?

     

     

    Sunday

    Eric

    Douglas

    Jon

    Carol

    Bruce

    Greg

    Martin

    Simon

    Linda

    Pgundersons

    Pgundersons

    Johanna

    12 Divers, need 2 more to fill boat

     

     

    Monday

    Eric

    Douglas

    Jon

    Carol

    Greg

    Martin

    Kathryn

    Aquatic

    Johanna

    Ellen

    Pgundersons

    Pgundersons

    12 Divers, need 2 more to fill boat

  6. Also Eric says they are up for a greet and meet on Saturday or Sunday evening. We are happy to provide beverages and snacks, if folks would like to make it BYOB, burn your own burger, we have a good sized gas grill and we have plenty of condiments.

     

    So Saturday or Sunday? Drinks & Snacks or BYOB?

     

     

    FWIW, Sunday is the only evening that works for me...but that's just me.

     

    Also, since a number of people will be coming from a ways away, bringing their own burgers isn't likely to be very convenient, so if you provide drinks and snacks, I'll bring hamburgers and hot dogs (and buns) for the whole group (a stop at Coscto should do it!)....if it's on Sunday.

  7. Count Zebulen Pike and Kevin Mount for the Seattle trip.

  8. So we are back to 14 and a full boat!

     

    I will contact Bandito Charters and get a lock on costs for 2 days of 2 tank boat diving and a rough schedule. If you haven't checked their site out yet it is:

     

    http://www.banditocharters.com/bandito/Links.htm

  9. ATTENTION ALL DIVERS!!!!

     

    Here are the details for our upcoming adventure into the crystal clear waters of the Puget Sound that swarm with Giant Pacific Octos and Wolf Eels. :)

     

    Sunday, August 17th

    Be at the Delin’s Dock ready to go by 9:00am.

    Monday, August 18th

    Be at Delin’s Dock Ready to go by 10:00am.

    Map to Delin Dock: http://www.banditocharters.com/bandito/ima...lin%20Docks.jpg

     

    Please note these dives are very tide dependant so it is important you be a little early rather than a little late.

     

    Trips average about 6 hours dependant on the divers. So figure we will be back to the dock around 3pm-4pm. For those of you not fimilar with the area it is about a 40-50minute drive from downtown Seattle to the dock, that is given no traffic. Monday it is very likely you will hit traffic both ways. Maybe some of the other local divers can chime in on how long they think it will take to get from downtown Seattle to the dock.

     

     

    The Wetpixel Greet and Meet :blink:

    Date: Sunday the 18th

    Time: Will depend when we get off the boat. But giving time for folks to get home, unpack, hopefully shower, let’s say around 7pm.

    Place:

    Martin & Julie Heyn

    3040 11th Ave W

    Seattle 98119

    The street parking can be tough but two cars can park on the curb in front of our house.

    What to Bring: Pretty much just you and any friend, spouse or significant other. We will provide all beverages, adult and otherwise, snacks, buns and condiments. We need a count of how many will attend so we can get an idea of how much stuff we need. Bruce has been kind enough to volunteer to make a run for Burgers and Dogs.

    Right now we have:Updated 7/28

    Martin & Julie

    Eric

    Douglas

    Jon & Angela

    Bruce

    Zeb

    Kevin

     

    Keep checking here for updates!

    Edited by NWDiver
  10. For clarification, is the meet & greet on Sunday the 17th, or Monday the 18th?

     

    If it's the 17th, then Simon Rogerson will likely be there, too. (Simon?)

  11. Woops, not enough coffee yet. That is Sunday evening, the 17th.

  12. Just a quick vis report.

     

    The visibility has been spectacular in Puget Sound these past few weeks. We were diving Day Island Wall in Tacoma yesterday and saw 2 GPO's and 4 wolf eels--2 came out to play/swim with us.

    Last weekend at Alki in Seattle, we were at 110' and I swear we could see the surface; I was diving 30/30, so I was NOT narc'd :blink:

     

    The spring bloom has moved on. We have had some rather large exchanges which has removed all the "muck" from our local dive sites. August 17/18 should be awesome diving :)

     

    Kathryn

  13. For clarification, is the meet & greet on Sunday the 17th, or Monday the 18th?

     

    If it's the 17th, then Simon Rogerson will likely be there, too. (Simon?)

    Just wanted to check and make sure Kevin and I are in the count.

    Thanks,

    Zeb

  14. For clarification, is the meet & greet on Sunday the 17th, or Monday the 18th?

     

    Please count me in for the meet & greet - Looking forward to this event. :huh:

     

    Johanna

  15. Current Meet and Greet.

     

    Johanna

    Martin & Julie

    Eric

    Douglas

    Jon & Angela

    Bruce

    Zeb

    Kevin

     

    If there are any vegetarians let us know so we can pick something up for you.

  16. Hi Eric and Douglas,

    It just so happens I'm in town at that time. When is the "get-together"?

     

    Michele Westmorland

  17. Hi, Michele!

    I believe it is at 7pm. Martin -- can you confirm?

  18. People are welcome to come over anytime after 6pm. If we are off the water by 3pm, hour to get home, some may have to run to the dive shop to get fills, go home take a shower I think 6pm on will be fine.

  19. Please count me in for the Sunday m&g...If there is anything I can bring, let me know.

     

    Thanks

     

    Greg

    Edited by SEAdiver
  20. Updated Meet and Greet.

     

    Johanna

    Martin & Julie

    Eric

    Douglas

    Jon & Angela

    Bruce

    Zeb

    Kevin

    Greg

     

    As long as everyone is ok with burgers, brauts/hotdogs I think we are ok. If someone wants to bring a dessert or another salad that would be great.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.