Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

NIKON D90

Started by JimSwims ·

  • 79Posts
  • 79Replies

Read-only discussion

NIKON D90

79 posts
  1. Hi Folks,

     

    I know it's only been a little while now since its release but surely there's some folks out there who have taken one for a dive. I'm

    keen on this camera as an upgrade choice from a compact but still would like to see how it goes UW. I still haven't noticed any photos

    taken with one UW on any of the forums, perhaps people are waiting for other choices than the Ikelite housing. If anyone has some images

    from one or can provide any links I would be most thankful.

     

    Cheers,

    Jim :P

  2. Hi,

    I have a plan to test Patima D90 housing in mid December.

     

    Sam

  3. Great I look forward to your findings and images.

     

     

    Anybody else have some news........... :) ............anyone?

     

     

     

     

    Jim :P

  4. Not the D90 but found some housings for the D200 on Sea&Sea's clearance thread for under $1500. Anyone thinking about jumping up to a DSLR would have to take a long look at those.

  5. Not the D90 but found some housings for the D200 on Sea&Sea's clearance thread for under $1500. Anyone thinking about jumping up to a DSLR would have to take a long look at those.

     

    Jim theres a site that compared sensors between camera's, and it found the D90 has a very nice sensor for an APS-C type camera, significantly better than my 50D under their criteria or a D300.

     

    http://www.dxomark.com/

     

    I dont think you've got anything to worry about other than your bank balance :) .

     

    Otara

  6. Hoping to test out my D90/Tokina 10-17 set up in an Ikelite housing (assuming I can borrow it..) in Thailand end of January.. Looking forward to it

  7. We just about finished the housing design on this one, the housing will be reflecting our new direction in housing design.

     

    This camera is a good bang for bucks if you ask me,

  8. Hoping to test out my D90/Tokina 10-17 set up in an Ikelite housing (assuming I can borrow it..) in Thailand end of January.. Looking forward to it

     

     

    Hoping also to test soon my D 90 in my newly refurbished DX 80 housing from Sea and sea , as there so little changes to make !!

    In January we will be to Soccoro :uwphotog:

  9. We just about finished the housing design on this one, the housing will be reflecting our new direction in housing design.

     

    This camera is a good bang for bucks if you ask me,

     

    Jean when will the Aquatica housing be on the market?

     

     

     

    Any other manufacturers with anything in the pipeline too?

     

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

  10. Hi Jim, I figure mid February is when this housing will hit the market. hopefully the holliday season won't disturb our schedule. :)

  11. Thanks Jean and Yoko, gee Zilion have some funky colours!

     

    Jim :)

  12. Thanks Jean and Yoko, gee Zilion have some funky colours!

     

    Jim :)

     

    Hi Jim,

    I think that Zillion are the housing of choice for Tony Wu and deserve some serious consideration.

    In my opinion, (hehehe) they are streets ahead of Ike housings as far as 'plastic' housings are concerned.

    Just my humble opinion of course. . . . . :P

    Bruce...

    Edited by bruceterrill
  13. Hey Jim, don't know if you saw, but DD Photographics have the D90 (as well as the 50D) on sale at the moment.

  14. Hi Jim,

    I think that Zillion are the housing of choice for Tony Wu and deserve some serious consideration.

    In my opinion, (hehehe) they are streets ahead of Ike housings as far as 'plastic' housings are concerned.

    Just my humble opinion of course. . . . . :P

    Bruce...

     

    They do look like a good build but I have a DS125 and if I go Ike I can just plug it in and maybe pick up another of someone upping to a DS160.

    Besides I couldn't see an ORANGE one, for the life of me stuffed if I could find a view in english button or link on that site. So it was just pictures

    and characters for me. :)

     

    Jim.

     

    PS any news on those lens?

  15. Hey Jim, don't know if you saw, but DD Photographics have the D90 (as well as the 50D) on sale at the moment.

     

    Thanks for that Ryan, I was looking at DDP as one of the best options but with that development it suddenly just

    got even better :P Now all I need is some work :)

     

    Jim.

  16. So, who has been using their D90 housing?

    What do you like and do not like about your setup?

     

    Considering taking the plunge but not certain as of yet.

     

    Dave

  17. So, who has been using their D90 housing?

    What do you like and do not like about your setup?

     

    Considering taking the plunge but not certain as of yet.

     

    Dave

     

    Well I got my house last week and was planning to go to Mexico but because of the flu there I canceled our trip. We will go to Egypt for diving. We will be there on 27 of May. My setup will be

    ofcouse the Hugyfot d90 house, port for 50 mm macro from sigma and a Sea and Sea Alpha 110 flash. For me a totally new set up so high learning curve and that’s why on my first trip I only will use this lens.

    I want to take some keepers home. Got the HugyCheck system and the house looks really very nice.

    Found some things not working perfect but this was also the problem with my old Hugyfot house.

    This house is smaller than my old house but more heavy so we will see how this handles underwater.

    When I am back from my trip I will give more info about the house and camera.

     

    Greetings,

    Chris

  18. Well I got my house last week and was planning to go to Mexico but because of the flu there I canceled our trip. We will go to Egypt for diving. We will be there on 27 of May. My setup will be

    ofcouse the Hugyfot d90 house, port for 50 mm macro from sigma and a Sea and Sea Alpha 110 flash. For me a totally new set up so high learning curve and that’s why on my first trip I only will use this lens.

    I want to take some keepers home. Got the HugyCheck system and the house looks really very nice.

    Found some things not working perfect but this was also the problem with my old Hugyfot house.

    This house is smaller than my old house but more heavy so we will see how this handles underwater.

    When I am back from my trip I will give more info about the house and camera.

     

     

    Jezzz did not know you would need a whole house for this camera :blink:

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.