Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Need Help!

Started by DeepDiscovery ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Need Help!

5 posts
  1. A friend is having trouble with his Camera/Strobe. He uses a CP5000 in a L&M Tetra housing with a S & S YS90DX strobe. He is having difficulty with the strobe consistantly firing U/W. The stobe will work fine for a while but then stops firing at some point during the dive. He thinks there may be some setting that he is not aware of that is causing the strobe to shut down after some period of time. He knows that the ROC system will go to sleep mode and then turn off after 30 mins. but he has problems if he doesn't just sit at a subject and shoot repeatedly without much of a time lap between shots. Since I don't use this system, I am of little help. Thought some of you who do may know more. He has tried both TTL and manual settings and neither will fire consistantly.

     

    Please send the settings you use on your CP5000/strobe.

     

    Thanks,

  2. One strobe or two? Dual sync cord?

  3. One YS90TTL duo with a wetlink sync cord...spoke to L&M today...fixed the strobe not firing problem...now trying to get correct exposure.

     

    Any recommended settings? Currenlty setting camera on Manual exposure (F8@1/125) Strobe is on TTL. Making exposure adustments up or down using the ROC controller.

     

    My photos are sometimes completely blown out even with ROC setting on least powerful setting.

     

    Think I should master the strobe I have first....but based upon you question, do you recommend two strobes and if so which should I get?

     

    thanks,

  4. I have a CP5000 in an Aquatica housing and a single S&S YS-90DX. I would be interested to know what your problem was. I experienced it once, but I am sure it was caused by a poor battery connection in the strobe.

     

    If firing on TTL, set the variable flash setting on the camera to -2. I think this was originally suggested by James Wiseman, and there are a number of threads covering CP5000 settings

     

    http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=1880

    http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?act=S...T&f=1&t=678&hl=

    http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?act=S...T&f=1&t=606&hl=

    http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=1336

     

    And more. Try some searches.

     

    John

  5. Hi Bill,

    I'm not too familiar with the ROC system but can you set the strobe to Manual and then adjust it with ROC? If so, this will give you much more consistant results. Are you shooting wide angle or macro?

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.