Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

D90 replacement rumors

Started by loftus ·

  • 70Posts
  • 70Replies

Read-only discussion

D90 replacement rumors

70 posts
  1. Why SD cards ?

     

    Paul C

    I doubt its a speed issue - I've been using SDHC cards for years and find them absolutely fine - the biggest irritation is having to change if you have existing cameras that support CF. They are cheap though and are lockable and small - it should be easy/cheap enough to carry sufficient to last for a long time without downloading. An interesting camera but that Liveview switch looks tricky.

  2. Ah, sweet Nikon! This will be the one for me.

  3. pre order 1999.95USD on amazon...

     

    hope it has a stronger shutter release.. :D

  4. pre order 1999.95USD on amazon...

     

    hope it has a stronger shutter release.. :D

    You mean $1199.95.....

    I think Nikon will achieve blowout sales with this camera!

    Edited by loftus
  5. Or do you guys think that the D300s will be the last in line of the DX00 series with a DX size sensor,

     

    Udo

     

    If anything I think this camera shows a bigger commitment to DX than ever, this is really a low end semi-pro camera in many ways, but clearly Nikon have left enough out to now bring out a real 7D competitor in a D400 or whatever. I think this camera really competes already with the 7D, particularly as a pure underwater camera.

    For me the video AF if it works as advertised is essential as I struggle to focus on a video screen manually underwater.

    I can think of a number of ways that the housing manufacturers will deal with the LV control.

    Edited by loftus
  6. I agree, its very impressive, and for only $100 more than the 60D, its a no-brainer really.

     

    DPreview said they werent too optimistic about constant AF with video, but didnt go into detail why.

     

    For me Im hoping this results in a big price drop for the 7D so I can think about getting a spare :D .

     

    Otara

  7. oops typo on my part....

  8. Very nice indeed, and at $1,199.95 it looks like this will be the one that replaces my D2x :D I was really looking for a smaller package, and this seems to fit the bill. Now, I am especially interested in the new AF systems and the following:

     

    EXPEED 2 image processing engine

    Sometimes you want to capture the subtle tones of a sunset. Other times you want to freeze the action. The D7000 delivers both, thanks to the newest generation of image processing engine, EXPEED 2, which performs multiple tasks with more speed and power. Expect smoother tonal gradations, even in difficult shadows and highlights, for a greater sense of depth in your images.

     

    This should bring some changes to how sunball shots look... Changes for the better I hope.

  9. Hi all,

     

    The full list of specifications is here. It will shoot video in H264, H.264/MPEG-4 Advanced Video Coding in MOV. I think that's a good thing?

     

    Chase Jarvis has some footage on his blog, together with his thoughts on testing the camera.

     

    This may be a Nikon 7D!

     

    Adam

  10. The Nikon D7000 high ISO performance looks pretty impressive for a DX camera. If this is a sign of things to come with Nikon D300 and D700 replacements, it's pretty exciting.

    I need a new camera for the office so I ordered one.

    http://www.hwupgrade.it/articoli/fotografi...i-scatti_2.html

    Edited by loftus
Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.