Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Wetpixel D800 review

Started by adamhanlon ·

  • 224Posts
  • 224Replies

Read-only discussion

Wetpixel D800 review

224 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    as Ikelite ruined my annual divetrip with the wrong port recommendation I have only some pool shot examples.

     

    The results are much better and quite acceptable with the Ike 8"dome and my calculated dome positioning. But probably with a 9" dome it might be even better.

     

    Here are some examples:

     

    post-36347-0-94005700-1350115833_thumb.jpg

     

    post-36347-0-06409900-1350115896_thumb.jpg

     

    post-36347-0-15937300-1350115918_thumb.jpg

     

    Some more pics of this shooting you can find here:

     

    http://www.rene-zuch...s-11/index.html

     

    What really pisses me of is that Ikelite is still recommending the wrong port, eventhough I provided my informations to them and they told they might update the port chart. This is ingnoring the customers and will lead to the fact that everybody with a Nikon FX + 16-35mm will be dissapointed. I really don´t get it. It costs them 5 min to update the port chart.

     

    Kind regards

    René

     

     

    Thanks Rene, great info and luckily there are sites like this to 'help' potential customers rather than the OEM themselves!?!?

     

    Those pictures are stunning, and really nice site you have there.

     

    I'm looking at either the D600 or D800 and just trying to get everything in place prior to purchasing. I did email Ikelite to ask if they're making a D600 housing, which they confirmed it should be out in 1 month.

  2. D800 Housing Review.

     

    Hi all,

     

    Just to resurrect this thread:)

     

    I am going to do a side-by-side review of housings for the D800.

     

    I will be diving all the housings that I can during February, and then plan to publish the complete review in March.

     

    As far as I know, it will be the only comparative review between the different housings. I will keep everyone informed on the progress of the review via the forum.

     

    I'd like to publicly thank the manufacturers for their support with this project.

     

    Adam

  3. Well done Adam...and don't let that Alex T buy you any drinks!

  4. Or offer you any free stuff?

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.