Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Upcoming Panasonic GH-4K

Started by Davide DB ·

  • 349Posts
  • 349Replies

Read-only discussion

Upcoming Panasonic GH-4K

349 posts
  1. No I wish I had! :blush:

    I had a lunch with the Nauticam dealer and I gave a look :)

  2. Davide, those 2 holes are 1/4" - 20 UNC. M10 won't fit.

  3. Nick,

     

    Maybe I misunderstood you. There are several mounting points. A M10, M5 and the new 1/4" 20. We were speaking about different mounting points.

     

    Sorry

  4. No worries. I'm talking about the 2 holes behind the cold shoe on top of the housing. I've already got plenty of stuff to put in all the other holes!

  5. My XIT404 tray and tripod turned up.

     

    I think it's an excellent solution for rear mounting the NINJA (don't think the Shogun will fit - not without some more arms)

     

    38b83669635b75aff69ec3c3b7409d71.jpg

     

    4abb9095a6b0fe34c461e60bad1883af.jpg

     

    4b1f4eebfe8f82bc58dededd541e39a6.jpg

     

    c594abab7bac241c41020b66647fe3b6.jpg

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. Perfect for my scooter :)

  7. New firmware v21 announced.

    http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/dsc/download/fts/dl/gh4.html

     

     

     

    1. RSS (Recording Start/Stop) signal can be embedded to the HDMI output signal.
      - Selectable in Motion Picture menu : [HDMI Rec Output]>[HDMI Recording Control]
      * Available when DMC-GH4 or DMW-YAGH are connected with the products of ATOMOS Global Pty. Ltd. or the products complying with the extended specifications of ATOMOS Global Pty. Ltd..
    Edited by escape
  8. Good. Now the only thing missing is the Shogun housing.

     

    Do you have any insight into a delivery schedule for Nauticam's Shogun housing? I was hoping that they'd have it out quite quickly once the Shogun was delivered. I wonder if Nauticam are having some technical challenges - maybe with the touchscreen?

     

    I've got a couple of trips planned for March. I hope I receive the housing by then...

     

    Regards

    Peter

  9. Good. Now the only thing missing is the Shogun housing.

     

    Do you have any insight into a delivery schedule for Nauticam's Shogun housing? I was hoping that they'd have it out quite quickly once the Shogun was delivered. I wonder if Nauticam are having some technical challenges - maybe with the touchscreen?

     

    I've got a couple of trips planned for March. I hope I receive the housing by then...

     

    Regards

    Peter

     

    Same here. Still waiting official release announcement.

    I have couple of filming project in dark, deep water so I'm thinking to a7s + shogun 4k now.

    Regards,

    Ej.

     

  10. If one decides not to go for a Shogun or other recorder/monitor, does anyone have their head around current monitor-only options and their pros and cons?

     

    SmallHD DP4, TVLogic 058, and "some new Backscatter sealed monitor" are what I have in my mind before starting research. Any other options and opinions are welcome!

  11. If one decides not to go for a Shogun or other recorder/monitor, does anyone have their head around current monitor-only options and their pros and cons?

     

    SmallHD DP4, TVLogic 058, and "some new Backscatter sealed monitor" are what I have in my mind before starting research. Any other options and opinions are welcome!

     

    Hi Nick,

    You know already I have dp4 in nauticam housing.

    It's work very well wth GH4, syncing faster then my other canon dslr and I like focus peaking too (combine with GH4 color focus peaking is great to use).

    Battery life also good with Canon LP-E6 x 2, I did 3 dives in Lembeh! (dead at night dive).

     

    But, If I have to buy ext monitor now, probably I'll consider other option too because it seem the that company now more active about their bigger monitor.

    Example, they stopped release new firmware for DP4 already long time ago.

     

    FYI, I have friend who own Wahoo monitor (Sony CLM-V55) and it's actual image on display was smaller then on DP4 (even screen is bigger though) from DSLR HDMI feed.

    Cheers,

    Ej.

    Edited by escape
  12. Thanks EunJae. The DP4 seems a little small. A DP7 housing would be nice, but I haven't heard of anyone developing one. The Nauticam NA-058 for the TVLogic 058 (5.5") is very interesting but there there is almost nothing about it on the net. I might end up being the guinea pig.

     

    Stupid question: Does the information on the GH4's display also get shown on the external monitor's display? Or does this depend on some GH4 menu setting? If nothing else I need the yellow focus box for focussing.

     

    By the way I finished up pretty happy with the Oly 12-50 and used it for most dives on my Anilao trip. Didn't bother taking my Subsees with it as quick topside tests showed they didn't add much. I did take the +10 with the Oly 60mm.

  13. Thanks EunJae. The DP4 seems a little small. A DP7 housing would be nice, but I haven't heard of anyone developing one. The Nauticam NA-058 for the TVLogic 058 (5.5") is very interesting but there there is almost nothing about it on the net. I might end up being the guinea pig.

     

    Stupid question: Does the information on the GH4's display also get shown on the external monitor's display? Or does this depend on some GH4 menu setting? If nothing else I need the yellow focus box for focussing.

     

    By the way I finished up pretty happy with the Oly 12-50 and used it for most dives on my Anilao trip. Didn't bother taking my Subsees with it as quick topside tests showed they didn't add much. I did take the +10 with the Oly 60mm.

     

    Yes, it does display same as on board lcd with all information.

    Pushing DISP button make different set and you can turning off onboard lcd too.

    I found that camera not going to sleep mode when feeding hdmi signal to external monitor (I just push LVF button after shooting).

     

    I still can't decide between 14-42 and 12-50. :-p

    Edited by escape
  14. My XIT404 tray and tripod turned up.

     

    I think it's an excellent solution for rear mounting the NINJA (don't think the Shogun will fit - not without some more arms)

     

    c594abab7bac241c41020b66647fe3b6.jpg

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

     

    Looks good but what about tripod leg (center one)?

  15.  

    Looks good but what about tripod leg (center one)?

    This is my solution

    9bf34186e6d6c9355ff336c55ac62b73.jpg

     

    Will grab a photo of it setup later :-)

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. Stupid question: Does the information on the GH4's display also get shown on the external monitor's display? Or does this depend on some GH4 menu setting? If nothing else I need the yellow focus box for focussing.

     

    You can set the GH4 within the HDMI options to send the OSD or not. It's not exactly the same. As the output is 1080 so the OSD on the upper left (if I remember)

     

    If you got a Ninja2 this would provide you with focus assist, false colour, blown highlights etc etc. I use mine for this and don't bother with the recording aspect.

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. Sorry for the awful backdrop (my office)

     

    But here is what is displayed when OSD is enabled via HDMI

     

    a75aa00b29cd3ec069aa7ed0391e8202.jpg

     

    Notice how small the icons are (and that the Ninja2 own OSD is on top of some of the Gh4 ones)

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18.  

    Looks good but what about tripod leg (center one)?

    Here are some photos

     

    63035f67a0959ce515e3d776b18e9eb7.jpg

     

    42d940d5135df174bd034371dcb01a71.jpg

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. Here are some photos

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

     

    Sort of looks like that mechanical spider in the Will Smith movie Wild Wild West...

     

    Can you program it to walk across the sea floor? :)

     

    post-4537-0-36321100-1422436702_thumb.jpg

    Edited by peterbkk
  20. LOL! I think my wife wishes all my dive kit would walk into the bin. mind!

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.