Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Whom have you met from Wetpixel?

Started by james ·

  • 63Posts
  • 63Replies

Read-only discussion

Whom have you met from Wetpixel?

63 posts
  1. Who have you met from Wetpixel?

    Hi guys,

     

    I thought it would be fun to put together a thread tracking all of the new friends we have made and met through Wetpixel. I have met a bunch of you at various shows and have even gotten a chance to dive with some. I'll post a list and I think it would be great if you could post yours too.

     

    Wetpixel Members I've met in person:

     

    Eric

    Craig

    Craig Ruaux

    Alex Mustard

    Karl and Kimberly Dietz

    Randapex

    Pmooney

    Gerb

    Mooner (Eric)

    Tortuga

    Mark R.

    Kasey

    Laz

    Larry (Lionfish43)

    Dhaas

    Tio Loco (Richard Perry)

    Ike

    Larry (from Ikelite)

    Dustin

    Digitallywet (Giles)

    Berkeley White (berk)

    Scorpio_fish

     

    I'm sure there are about a million people I have forgotten in this list. So if I haven't put you in here and you've met me, don't get mad - get even...:-) By posting in this thread.

     

    Here's a list of folks that I have dove with before:

     

    Eric

    Craig

    Alex Mustard

    Randapex

    Pmooney

    Gerb

    Mooner (Eric)

    Giles

    Berkeley White (berk)

     

    All right - your turn folks.

     

    Cheers

    James

  2. I presume that we can only list people that we have met virtually on Wetpixel before meeting them in person?

     

    The only ones I can think of now are James Wiseman, Eric Cheng and Rob Mcmahon. I also know a good crowd of Brits who use wetpixel (but I already knew them before), and I have met quite a lot of people on my travels who have said that they know me from wetpixel, but they are not regular posters - just use the site for info and news.

     

    This reminds me that I should chase up a few more of the Brits on the site that I don't know and catch up with them for a pint of bitter and some photo-banter.

     

    Alex

  3. I had a couple of sentences with Eric at the Sea Rovers in Boston. He gave a great presentation on digital workflow.

  4. I haven't met anyone of you guys yet.

     

    But if you ever pass by Hurghada, Egypt let me know and we might be able to meet for a beer at Papa’s or even go diving together... Will be there from 13/9 until ---> the future… Well at least 6 months... ;-)

  5. I've only been round here a couple of weeks so haven't met anyone through wetpixel, *but* a few years back I logged three dives with an American guy called Jack Connick and I see there is someone on this board with that name. Don't know if it's the same one?

     

    Jack, if you are reading this, did you dive in Fethiye, Turkey in September 2000? If so then Hi! Whenever I go out there I still get reminded how we ruined a search and recovery dive by picking up the coke bottle when looking for Seahorses at Sari Yallar (Yellow Stones ). :roll:

  6. I have dived with

     

    James Wiseman

    Alex Mustard

    Lucinda Hoffman

    Stephen Frink

     

    and more than likely a few others having worked at Fisheye of Cayman .. infact a lot of names are familiar when i see them .. but all i mostly see on here is usernames. I do remember people coming up to me when diving with me and saying they had seen my posts on here. But those are the guys i dived with and know the names.

  7. Alex apparently doesn't recall that we met and had a couple dives together here in Bali not that long ago. I didn't think the dives were that forgettable. I've enjoyed meeting met Eric on a couple of occasoins as he passed through, and also benefited from his very helpful advice on several matters. I also know "Scubadru" and we've done some diving together in various places, but all that precedes wetpixel.

     

    Frogfish

  8. I've had the pleasure of meeting and diving with Randapex and Yahsemtough in the cold waters of Port Hardy...I always appreciate peple that like a fine merlot after a great dive! I'd like to meet those who have posted and PM'd and emailed me their support lately. Thankyou, sincerely. Great, safe dives and photos to you all.

    Cheers,

    Marli

  9. Hmmm, not many really. Eric, James, Craig, and Scorpiofish at DEMA

     

    Thats about it i guess.

     

    Get your butts out to Yap and i am sure to meet all and everyone, tis rather a wee small place...

     

    Mike

  10. Haven't met anyone in person from wetpixel :oops:

     

    Guess I'm located a bit far from where most of you are lurking (down here in the land-downunder). As far as I can tell there aren't too many of us.

     

    I gather whitey comes from the land of Aus in the sandgroper state, but that's about it.

     

    If you're ever in Melbourne, drop me a PM :D

  11. G'day Anthp,

     

    There actually seems to be a few Aussies floating around this board.

    I'm actually a Melbournian myself, I just got stuck up here in the dusty northwest during a roadtrip in late 2003 and sort of haven't made it back to Melbourne yet. I'm getting used to the warm water now :D

  12. G'day to you Whitey!

     

    Fancy you being a Melbournian - whatcha doing all the way over there?? :lol:

     

    Somehow I'm a little suspicious of your profile listed occupation (EOS 1Ds on the dole :?) - I guess with rent assistance... :D:D

     

    Have you (or ike) managed to perform a resurrection of your poor old DS50 yet? I feel for you.

     

    We'll have to jump in the drink if you drop over this way.

  13. James

     

    Have you forgotten about some of us Houstonians? Do me and Maria (sharkdiver00) count? [edited by mod]

     

    :D

     

    C

  14. Christa, I haven't forgotten, but I haven't updated this thread in a while, and I've met a LOT of y'all since DEMA.

     

    Cheers

    James

  15. Forgiven :wink:

  16. James

     

    Have you forgotten about some of us Houstonians?  Do me and Maria (sharkdiver00) count?  BTW, Maria (you met her at the xmas gig) is engaged to Chris Bangs - he proposed on New Years Eve....

     

    ;)  

     

    C

     

    c'mon christa!! what about me :(, and james, you didnt mention me either!!

     

    BTW,

    met Eric at seaspace, and know james, christa and maria.

  17. Guilty as charged... You want me to show them the photo of you in the inflated drusuit or something Justin? :-)

     

    Cheers

    James

  18. c'mon christa!! what about me  :(, and james, you didnt mention me either!!

     

    Well - I thought you were just a "Digital Diver".... Glad to see that you are finally showing your face over here! ;)

     

    C

  19. Guess I'm located a bit far from where most of you are lurking (down here in the land-downunder). As far as I can tell there aren't too many of us.

     

    Hey there anth... I'm as 'strine as they come, even flew the flag on Orstrelia Day here in central Texas.

     

    (Now I see a black van sitting opposite the house with antennae on it :? :( :wink: )

     

    I grew up in FNQ, learnt to dive in Brisbane. Been to Melbourne twice for a couple of days each time.

     

    I'm going to be back in Oz in late July, but plans at the moment don't have me coming down Melbourne way (it would be too damn cold anyway ;) ).

  20. Come on down...the water's fine!

    We have some great shore diving right off the back porch..anyone who has dove Orange Canyon, Big Tunnels, Bonnie's Arch, etc...knows what I am saying...planning a trip to Cayman? Drop us a note and let's go diving!! Might be a great place to meet some wetpixelers!!! Water temp is a brisk 78F right now....almost ready for a dry suit!!!

     

    Seriously, a 5-3mm. seems to be just right for a couple of tanks in the morning.....a thermos of hot liquids isn't a bad idea either.....

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.