Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Whom have you met from Wetpixel?

Started by james ·

  • 63Posts
  • 63Replies

Read-only discussion

Whom have you met from Wetpixel?

63 posts
  1. Cool, next time I'm coming down I'll drop you a line.

     

    Cheers

    James

  2. Do it mon, de pool's open

  3. People I met mmmh.

     

    James

    Eric

    Graig Jones

    and a bunch at Dema but can't recall their names (busy place &short attention span), sorry what was i saying :)

  4. Hi folks,

     

    I have dived with Alex Mustard @ Cayman Islands in April 2004. We were also on the same return flight to Heatrow.

     

    I didn't know him at all, but when I returned I recognized him as he supplied the front cover for the German Tauchen Magazine. Very impressive.

     

    That's my story how I found to wetpixel.

     

    I hope to see more of you people in the future. B)

     

    Greetings,

     

    Chris

    Edited by Chris
  5. Hi Chris,

     

    Hope to have the chance to dive with you again. When did you get your D70?

     

    What we really need are some Wetpixel T-Shirts, caps, dome port covers so we can all recognise each other in the field.

     

    Alex

  6. can we get wetpixel speedos ..... that would be hilarious .. a pair of speedos that say wet pixel on it .... ha ha ha

     

    that would mean settling on a logo, well has wetpixel ever had a logo .. i mean i think most people thought the diver pic was a logo but it was really just a top banner title bar ...

  7. Hi Alex,

     

    I got the D70 last May and yesterday I got the CD70 sealux housing. I'm still very excited about it.

     

    And the best ..... next Monday I'm off to Turks & Caicos to flash everything that is moving under water. :D

     

    I like the idea with the caps and the "wetpixel.com" logo. Need to find a company who does custom caps <_<

     

    See you folks soon.

     

    Chris

    Edited by Chris
  8. Hey guy's how about a logo design contest, people post their design on a logo specific tread, we vote, winner get a few candys, we have a logo. wadda ya say!

  9. My list just got updated:

     

    have dived with

     

    James Wiseman

    Alex Mustard

    Lucinda Hoffman (Arctic Mermaid)

    Stephen Frink

    John (carib-blu)

     

    but this is still the case ...

     

    and more than likely a few others having worked at Fisheye of Cayman .. infact a lot of names are familiar when i see them .. but all i mostly see on here is usernames. I do remember people coming up to me when diving with me and saying they had seen my posts on here. But those are the guys i dived with and know the names.

  10. Sure is fun to catch up with old friends....Giles, you made my day! Tuesday night we will party like it's on sale for 19.99!!!! Looking forward to meeting more wetpixelers since I am such a newbie here. Fair winds all!

     

    Aurabest,

    john

  11. Haven't met anyone in person from wetpixel :oops:

    Guess I'm located a bit far from where most of you are lurking (down here in the land-downunder). As far as I can tell there aren't too many of us.

    I gather whitey comes from the land of Aus in the sandgroper state, but that's about it.

    If you're ever in Melbourne, drop me a PM  :D

     

    Anthp and I caught up and did lunch recently when I was in Melbourne for a friend's wedding.

     

    Here's a shot of us at at a photo exhibition in Federation Square. It's a strange and deceptive camera angle, Anthp is much taller in real life. :D

     

    We didn't get out for a dive this time - I'll blame the short time I had available, but it's really that I'm far too soft after a couple of years living in the Northwest for cold water diving. I'm psyching myself up for next time...

    post-1474-1120981331_thumb.jpg

  12. Hey Whitey!

     

    Wondered what had happened to you after that wedding. Thought you'd disappeared during the ceremony, or run off with the bride or something :D

     

    And yes, I really am MUCH taller than that, must be bloody parallax or something!

     

    Oh and before you come down next time, i'll warm up a patch of water for you :D

     

    You should add that Zeiss glass to your signature too!

    Edited by anthp
  13. I'll be in BVI August 12th-21st. So anyone gonna be there? Looking to meet members

  14. Yesterday on a dive charter out of Anacortes, WA started talking to a fellow diver with a F5 in a Seacam housing, John. Turns out he is a fellow Wetpixelian, small world. Oh and met Kelpfish and his wife last year in Roatan.

    Edited by NWDiver
  15. Today I was diving the house reef at Sunset House in Grand Cayman. On the way back ... this guy starts free diving down to me ... like right in front of my face almost ... I am thinking ... who is this freak at first. I mean it wasn't deep but there was no reason to get that close and then look at me !!

     

    About the third time I saw him freedive down I started thinking hey I know this guy ... but i don't know him ... I had no name going through my head and I normally remember names fairly well, so i got confused.(not an abnormal occurance)

    Anyways I finished my dive thinking not much more of it but a vaigue thought of wetpixel, which flashed through my head and then went as I thought ... nope none of the guys I know from Wetpixel.

     

    So anyways long story short .. the freak freediving around me was at the rinse tank when i got out and we said hello ... today I met another wetpixeler briefly David Haas and was quite relieved to know I wasn't imagining things when I thought I recognised him and I am thinking from recent Dema photos but can't remember. Apparently the long blonde hair and D60 made me unreconiseable ... is this a good thing? anyways .. good to meet you David .. hope you enjoyed your short mistake of a trip to Grand Cayman :(

     

    (ps wished I took a photo of the crazy freediver now)

    Edited by digitallywet
  16. That's correct, from Giles's previous posts I recognized his true "warm water" dive guide outfit. Surfing baggie swim trunks, simple tank set up, full foot Scubapro Twin Jets (I use 'em too) and of course his Sea and Sea D60 housing and strobe.

     

     

    I was on Cayman Brac the week prior, and a friend and I got bumped and of course gained a free return ticket via Cayman Airways for our troubles plus Marriott lodging, food, blah, blah, blah.... Had the carry-ons with my RX mask, went and bought t-shirts, and swim suit for the day. No housing , though...

     

    In Houston remotely, home tomorrow morning to Ohio then back out Dec. 3-10.

     

    Next time I will have to show Giles this old man can still free dive a respectable 30' or so :(

     

    You just never know who you'll meet these days traveling about........

     

    dhaas

     

    P.S. Used the Magic Filter on my Canon 10-22mm / Rebel XT while on the Brac and was pretty pleased. Great tool and thanks to Alex and Peter for inventing this!!

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
  17. To add to an old convorsation:

     

    I got in touch with Mauricio Handler/handlerphoto (http://www.handlerphoto.com) through Chip Scarlett (don't know if he's a member...http://www.pbase.com/chipscar) whom i met on the Belize Aggressor with Howard and Michele Hall.

     

    Mauricio came to my school and gave a very nice presentation and had a show in the art gallery.

    post-5530-1133291977_thumb.jpg

  18. Have by chance while diving met:

     

    john, Puget Sound

    Kelpfish, Joe, in Roatan

    jdaley, James, in Guadalupe

    Looking to have a drink in Cairns, Australia with Peter, pmooney

    Edited by NWDiver
  19. I met Frogfish once but I am such a quiet introverted person that he probably did not remember!

  20. Oi you old pommie with a bad memory....i gave you heaps o crap in Tahiti! Then i bothered you like an old shoe in Houston

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.