Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Whom have you met from Wetpixel?

Started by james ·

  • 63Posts
  • 63Replies

Read-only discussion

Whom have you met from Wetpixel?

63 posts
  1. Last July I met Stephen Frink in Key Largo and we talked about photography and the Spiegel Grove. He was the first to photograph it when it came upright after the hurricane, I was the first to dive with a regular operation. By the way, CNN is running a story about it today (not about our meeting, about the Spiegel being upright :D ).

     

    Last October I met James Wood in Bermuda. I had a great time there, but James was very busy with his class and we couldn't dive together. One more reason to come back!

     

    I hope I can meet more people next year!

     

    Luiz

  2. I've been lucky to meet quite a few...all great people :D:P I'm sure I've missed a couple...

     

    James Wiseman and Sarah

    Eric Cheng

    Larry Oberlander

    Mary Lou & Jackie Reid

    Tony Matheis

    Deb Fugitt

    Chris Parsons

    Dave Haupt

    Rand McMeins

    Richard Perry

    Ryan Canon

    Laz Ruda

    Mauricio Handler

    Stephen Frink

    David Lenderman

    Marty Steinberg

    Chuck Jensen

    Juerg Vonwil

    Woody Mayhew

    Mike Gerber

    Jim March

    Craig Jones

     

    Karl

    Edited by kdietz
  3. I've only met and been diving with Eric Cheng and Laz Ruda. Guess I need to go diving more often and more places !!!

     

    Doug

     

    www.debersole.com

  4. I met Drew (aka scubadru) last week while he had his brief stop in Bangkok.

    Still drool over his Sardine run video and dolphins photos!

    Of course I have also met a couple of other wetpixlers who reside in Bangkok: Whitehead and theHamburger!

     

    In February, hopefully I will meet Mike V when I am in Yap!

    Edited by ssra30
  5. Hopefully? Yap is very small....

  6. Mike, I suppose there is no way to avoid meeting you there then :)

    Edited by ssra30
  7. Well that all depends on whether you like to drink....avoid the bar and you might not meet me...

     

    :o

     

    So...Who have i met?

     

    Eric

    James

    Craig (all at DEMA in Houston) Whatever happened to Craig anyway...?

     

    Tim Rock

    Steve Frink

    Michel Braunstein

    Mark Thorpe (Camdiver)

    That bitter ol pommie, Bantin!!! :o

    Ginger Jim Breakall (what's your screen name ol boy?)

    One of our newest members Melo...(i work with her, evidently my advice is not good enough so she looks to others.... :):wacko: )

    Ummmm

     

     

    Somebody help me here...

     

    I have had lots of interaction with loads of people over the net...but..haven't met them

    Edited by MikeVeitch
  8. sorry mikey, but don't worry you're still my favorite doritos provider! :) and thanks a lot for all your advice and help

     

    i will meet some of you in feb here in yap, maybe i will see some of you on the german "Boot' show end of january? :wacko:

     

    mel

  9. hey wait a minute! i met tim rock and mark thorpe! didn't know you're wetpixelling as well! i am a newbie here :) , you have to forgive me!

     

    mel

  10. OK, time for y'all to post some self-portraits in the other Introduction threads here now...:-)

     

    Cheers

    James

  11. I just got back from Provo, where I met David Gallardo (David G) and Christopher Guglielmo (www.aquaexposure.com)

  12. I just stumpled across this post here. It is kina old but the site has grown so much since my most active days here as a digital newbie... So let's see..

     

    I met a lot of the folks listed here, but unfortunately nobody seems to remember me ;)

    I am especially reffering/comlaining to

     

     

    • James (we stayed at your house and cleaned your aquarium and you forget me! doh! * well that was the complaint now thanks again for your great hospitality!)
    • Eric (four times, Antibes, DEMA Berlin and Oakland)
    • KDietz (remember DEMA?)

    and recently.. Dr. Alex

     

    the only one who has been there since the beginning of all these digital pathways and who I never met was Giles. I think I have to book my ticket to Cayman for 2007 :P

  13. I've met quite a few Weptixel members, but today's a record: had lunch with NickJ, DeanB and Lorenzo (long-time lurker, promised to register ;) ), and I'm meeting Cor and Bella a bit later. That's an impressive international line-up for just one day! Guess who's who...

     

    post-4904-1159007462_thumb.jpg

     

    Not the best of photos, but ironically, none of us had a camera on hand, so we used a phone camera :blush:

     

    NickJ and DeanB are most active in the video forum, so that leaves me as the culprit, I guess :blush:

  14. ooooooooo let me try...

     

    in the back would be Lorenzo..

    Nick on the left, matt in the middle, and wacko Dean B on the right....

     

    damn, dean is not ginger.. i am most upset...

     

    oh and matt, i guess chatting via someone else's msn doesn't count eh?!

  15. ooooooooo let me try...

    in the back would be Lorenzo..

    Nick on the left, matt in the middle, and wacko Dean B on the right....

     

    Correct all the way, Mike!

     

    damn, dean is not ginger.. i am most upset...

     

    That was before we started on beer. That explains it. ;)

     

    oh and matt, i guess chatting via someone else's msn doesn't count eh?!

     

    Hardly. We'll count it the day we do a video-chat over Skype... That new broadband connection of yours does allow you to do that, right? :blush::blush:

  16. Mike: Told ya I was not a ginger.. :blink: although a bottle of Vo5 'greasey bastard look' helps...

     

    Had a great day albeit swaying from side to side and that was before the drink..Bloody boats :blink:

     

    Cheers to Matt, Lorenzo and Nick for the LARGE buffet, and damn good company.

     

    Had a long night down Clarkes quay later, sampled a few in 'Hooters' ;):blush::blush:;)

     

    Singapore is cool...

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  17. Yes it was an excellent day. I love watching people spend money on nice toys, and later in the afternoon Lorenzo staggered back to his pad with a brand new Z1, Gates Z1 Housing, and Fathom UWA lens, not to mention a few bags and accessories etc.

     

    I'm also placing bets that Dean will be trading in his A1/Evo combo shortly for a bigger toy!

     

    Yes "Hooters" is fun, but a bit of a mis-nomer in Singapore. However "Currents on an Ironing-Board" is probaby not a good marketing pitch .....

    Edited by NickJ
  18. ;);):blink:

     

    Yes there was a lack of 'walter mitties' in that bar..Still after looking at 11 hairy arsed divers for a week.. :blush:

     

    Ended up drinking till around 4am, so good night had by all.

     

    Cheers again Nick :blush:

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  19. Eric Cheng & Mauricio Handler at the Sea Rovers in Boston

    Stephen Frink in Key Largo

    Dave Marsh (Underwater PhotoTech)

    Mr Bubbles in Fiji

     

    Anyone from Boston here?

  20. Didn't we meet as well at Sea Rovers?

     

    Cheers

    James

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.