Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Photos

Started by digitallywet ·

  • 87Posts
  • 87Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Photos

87 posts
  1. ok I'll Join in .

     

    my pictures are in my avatar

     

    <--- over there

     

    just because i can't be bothered to repost photos, and you'll know it's me because of the bad jokes and birdwell shorts :lol:

    Edited by digitallywet
  2. G'day all.

     

    A happy snap from cruisin' the Dampier Archipelago weekend before last. Enderby Island in the background. Incidentally, a Catalina flying boat crashed near this island around 1942. The survivors were stuck on Enderby for 3 months or so before being rescued. I reckon there are worse places to be stranded, particularly if you remembered to pack your dive gear! (BTW, I haven't found the Catalina yet, but it may be down their somewhere...)

     

    :lol:

  3. I always think that posting member mugshots is a good idea. I am always worried that I will be on a dive boat somewhere talking about cameras or fish (because I can't talk about anything else) and it will take me all week to realise I have been boring someone from Wetpixel!

     

    Alex

  4. There's the regular version...

  5. Then there is the crazy version. This was taken near Normandy, France.

  6. Heading for the dive boat in Cozumel.....wish we were there now :D

     

    Karl & Kimberly Dietz - Fort Worth, Texas

     

    We're both hauling around D70/Ikelite rigs now :lol:

     

    COZJULY_010.jpg

     

    It's OK honey....we can come back next year :(

     

    COZJULY_007.jpg

    Edited by echeng
  7. First Shot With New Subal C10

    If you look real hard you can see my eyes focused on the moisture alarm.

     

    It's an incredible housing and I went with the DEPP insurance, but that didn't seem to stop the, "That light is off still isn't it?" thoughts.

     

    I hope someone tells me there comes a day when you don't think so much about the flood. Or, wait, is that what prevents it?

  8. cruise297%20copy.jpg

     

    Last year in Cozumel...

     

    astrl

    Edited by echeng
  9. Good idea James...

     

    Topside hiking in the White Mountains of New Hampshiire:

    mugshot1.jpg

     

    Last February in Cozumel (no camera due to battery management issues):

    mugshot2.jpg

    Edited by echeng
  10. Hi all !

     

    If somebody of you will visit germany sometime, here are the pictures to identify me.

     

    1. Me and my first digital camera housing PT-005 (Oct.2000)

     

    Udo1.jpg

     

    2. testing the new housing before starting to Egypt

     

    Udo11.jpg

     

    Udo

    Edited by echeng
  11. Here is a dry picture of me, enjoying a quick drink in Cayman.

     

    Cay3313.jpg

    (Photo by Giles Shaxted)

     

    And here is a wet picture of me, enjoying one of 8 dives at Ras Mohammed that I did last week. This picture was taken on Friday by UWP editor Peter Rowlands.

    Edited by echeng
  12. Here you go James, a couple taken off the old Sea Dancer.

    Meister%20One.jpg

     

    I'm on the left, the lad with more hair.

    Meister%20Two.jpg

    Edited by echeng
  13. Alex, I cannot tell you how jealous I am. The Shark Reef is one of my favorite dives in the world. I was there in October and the boat dropped us too far away from the wall. The current was so strong that I had about 2 seconds to see any of it. There were no snappers and the visibility was lousy. On the plus side, I did do some great dives there in 1993 and 1994 back when boats could moore at the saddle. The photo of you reminds me of what it was like then.

  14. In my group of diver friends, I'm the only one that has a UW camera....

  15. So set it up and give it to them for a couple of shots...lol. Or you could always post (GASP) a topside photo...:-)

     

    Cheers

    James

  16. I'm scared to hand anyone my rig. A300, Rebel, dual DS-125. I even hate handing it to deckhands as from my Philippines trip, one of the deckhands smashed one of the comtrol buttons.

  17. HERE I AM

    This is me In Fiji at the Digital Shootout. The proud owner of an 8" dome.

     

    And yes, I do have swimwear on.

     

    Photo courtesy of Jeff Wildermuth / Backscatter.

  18. Number One Fan

    This my number one fan and all round helper.

  19. wetpixel_marjo.jpg
    Edited by echeng
  20. Yeah, another lady on the forum with the photography bug! Thanks for posting.

     

    And I gotta ask - why the orange skin-tone???

     

    Cheers

    James

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.