I just got a pair of Sea&Sea YS-D3 strobes. Planning to render my Z240s to backup duty.
My camera is a Sony a7rIV with a UWT TTL trigger. The trigger was replaced under warranty some time around the end of March (or early April?), last year, after getting one in Jan/Feb timeframe that didn't work right.
I have tried both the new strobes and I can't get them to fire. It is possible that both arrived broken, but that seems unlikely.
This is the case for both strobes:
The camera is in fully Manual mode. I turn the strobe on to the Manual, no Pre-flash setting. I tried power levels from the default all the way to max. The panel backlight illuminates in Green. I can turn the focus light on to High, Low, and back to Off.
I release the shutter and the strobe does not fire at all.
If I pull the fiber optic cable out of the strobe and watch it, when I release the shutter, I can see it flash red.
If I attach the same cable to my Z240, the Z240 fires.
The cables are Howshot 613L for Sea&Sea cables, from DiverVision. With the Howshot adapter for Inon, when connected to the Z240.
I also tried setting the strobes to the Manual, with Pre-Flash mode, but they didn't fire then, either - as expected.
Is there some issue with having the UWT trigger work with the YS-D3 (in Manual mode)? I have not tried TTL mode yet. No point, if I can't make Manual work.
@Pavel Kolpakov Help?