If it's acrylic it should be possible to polish out but it might take a bit of effort . - BTW I can't readily open the HEIC file you attached so can't see how deep the scratch is. BTW I saw that bluewater photo store is showing the dome in stock might be worth contacting them.
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
Removing scratches from a dome port
Started by rschrager ·
- 185Posts
- 185Replies
Read-only discussion
Removing scratches from a dome port
-
-
That looks like a stress fracture right through the acrylic (maybe that is why they are no longer on sale). I think that is within the acrylic and won’t polish out like a surface scratch.
-
1 hour ago, Alex_Mustard said:
That looks like a stress fracture right through the acrylic (maybe that is why they are no longer on sale). I think that is within the acrylic and won’t polish out like a surface scratch.
Quite possibly right, hard to tell from a pic but does not look like a scratch. All you can do is look in the second hand market I guess as assuming it's for an ikelite housing , nothing available in that size range.
-
Just now, ChrisRoss said:
Quite possibly right, hard to tell from a pic but does not look like a scratch. All you can do is look in the second hand market I guess as assuming it's for an ikelite housing , nothing available in that size range.
Potentially you could use something like a Nauticam 140mm or even a 4.33" acrylic dome with an adapter but that's significantly more $
-
In the above picture of the dome, what you have is an impact facture, something caused from an external pressure source such as transportation or shipping. They are very deep cracks in the acrylic and cannot be polished out.