Is Scuba Seraya still operating in Bali?

Hi folks,

Pre-covid, our favorite dive resort in Bali/Tulamben was Scuba Seraya. I cannot see their website any more, although I can see bookings available for staying at the resort on tripadvisor. Does anyone have updated info about whether they are up and running once again, and if so, do they have a dive operation and also the same restaurant that they used to have before (😃).

If not, would welcome any other recommendations for Tulamben.

Kind regards

Ajay

Posted (edited)

If you have Facebook, maybe post this on the Tulamben community group?
  https://www.facebook.com/groups/172276879993151 - it's not as active as the Amed one, but you might be able to get an answer.
Scuba Seraya's FB page hasn't been active since 2020, which is not a good sign, but there are recent google reviews, which is odd.

Otherwise heard good things about Villa Markisa, Villa Utama, Tauch Terminal.

cheers

Edited by bghazzal
  • Like 1

We've used Tauch Terminal several times. A good dive operation, nice accommodation, beach front, easy walk to the Liberty wreck. 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2024 at 8:35 AM, Ajay said:

Does anyone have updated info about whether they are up and running once again, and if so, do they have a dive operation and also the same restaurant that they used to have before (😃).

If not, would welcome any other recommendations for Tulamben.

AFAIK Seraya resort was reopen end of last year (I saw them mildly active when I was diving Seraya dive spot) however the owners/management changed from what I have been told locally.

Your best bets in Tulamben :

- high end/all inclusive : Villa Markisa

- mid market : Liberty dive resort

- Budget although excellent dive guides : Utama villa

Personally I always stayed at Tauch Terminal for the last 13 years for the accoms comfort and the conveniency, although using a private freelance guide or another dive operation. 

Edited by Luko

Thanks Luko. We ended up booking with Utama (they had very good response to my inquiry).. Hope it'll be all good. We will be there late June.

Kind regards

Ajay

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Just a quick follow-up from my questions. We spent a few days at Utama. The executive brief:

Resort: A

Dive arrangements and dive guides: A

Food: C.

I think these are a bunch of good folks, and with a bit of guidance on food side of things, it can well be an ideal diving holiday resort in the Tulamben area. I will make a more detailed report of the trip, together with some selected photos and post in a few days.

Kind regards,

Ajay.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.