Float Configurations?

Thanks @bghazzal that's all really helpful. I think I'm just going to have to continue to play around with different options and get a feel for what works. I'm headed to the Red Sea next week, so will get the chance to do some work on this while I'm there, though the timing is probably too tight to figure out an underneath float pad, but we'll see...!

Thanks again, all!

15 hours ago, bghazzal said:

Maybe you could put this arm on the NALX10's M10 mount?  (this central screw in mount is what I use for my single MW4300 btw, not the cold shoe)) which would give you the possiblity of locking in a camera angle to better match the movement/angle of your shots.

Ben how do you attach your big horizontal float with this mount in place?? I can’t seem to figure out how to make that work! Are you using extra long butterfly clamps? 

4 hours ago, shelbyrose said:

Ben how do you attach your big horizontal float with this mount in place?? I can’t seem to figure out how to make that work! Are you using extra long butterfly clamps? 

Actually, after spending a lot of time zooming into all of your photos, I can see (I think?) that you’re using a small arm as a connection point! 😅

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, shelbyrose said:

Actually, after spending a lot of time zooming into all of your photos, I can see (I think?) that you’re using a small arm as a connection point! 😅

Yep, unfortunately a few inches are missing (or rather, the Nauticam M10 mount is a little too long, and I couldn't find a smaller M10 ball mount) and also there are no extra-long open triple clamps, which is what I would need in this case. If not using triple clamps, maybe single extra-long clamps wound work.

Another option would be to have extra long ball mounts on the handles themselves, but Nauticam doesn't make these either.

It's possible to mount the float directly with the M10 mount on, but then this means the jumbo float is off-set behind the M10 ball mount, which moves to the rear of the housing (whereas with wet lenses negative buoyancy tilts to the front).
The other issue is that you can't access the vaccum valve (meaning that you need to pull vaccum before setting up the floats - no biggie, but still...).

Solution I found is to add 2 small arms - this also allows to move the position of the jumbo float (up and down, but also forwards/backawards), should it be required, but in practice I don't need to.
But if you were using single clamps, then the Nauticam or similar extended clamps could give you the needed reach.

Edited by bghazzal
  • Like 1

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.