Strobe comparison table

Posted (edited)

Since I've gone thourgh all the work of gathering this data from various sources and personal tests over the past few months, I might as well share it here in case other find it helpful. Corrections and additions welcome.

Update on 24/06:

I've updated the spreadsheet with three new sheets, one showing my detailed Power, Color Temperature and Flash Duration tests,other showing the recycling times / high speed shooting tests, and a final one with images comparing the beam cover with and without diffusers for the strobes I've tested.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hWG6Enh-ukiQXjN5y_3NMTFF8b4dhJ64YfZqyIdpFew/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Davide DB
Post updated
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6

Posted (edited)

Lethal stuff 🤣 thanks for putting the work in this and sharing here!

update note: afaik the Kraken offers USB-C charging 

update note 2: INON D200 and Z330 are not available anymore

correction: you wrote marilux again 🤣 instead of Marelux 

question: how did you measure the energy output?

Edited by Adventurer

Posted (edited)

more additions: the weefine and small Kraken strobe ( WFS07 and Kraken KR-S05 ) have TTL and properly adjust the light output automatically, when put in something they call "Sy" mode on these units. Corrections in the google docs file are recommended quickly, before too much wrong info circulates.

Edited by Adventurer
  • Like 1

Fixed the Marelux 🙂 at least tiny help for your great work. thx 😉 

Well I really like the design of the Retra, but I am not sure if its worth the extra money. I also like the idea of Marelux Apollo III but its their first generation and I wonder how the TTL will really work for them as they are not really field tested by independent photographers...

• Like 1

• The topic was pinned
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I've updated the spreadsheet with three new sheets, one showing my detailed Power, Color Temperature and Flash Duration tests,other showing the recycling times / high speed shooting tests, and a final one with images comparing the beam cover with and without diffusers for the strobes I've tested.

Update with correct image

Screenshot2024-06-22at13_38_57.png.2a7730dc3ea31023a21735c5d10d8d37.png

Edited by Davide DB
Image updated
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, boduoguo said:

INON S-220 looks brighter than YS-D3? More even .

It's not. The INON S-220 shots were incorrectly the ones at F18 rather than normalized to F22 like the rest. Fixed now. Perhaps a moderator could kindly remove the screenshot from my post above and replace with this one? And combine my post above with the pinned first post for easy of reference?

Screenshot 2024-06-22 at 13.38.57.png

Edited by DreiFish
  • Like 1

On 6/22/2024 at 7:42 PM, DreiFish said:

It's not. The INON S-220 shots were incorrectly the ones at F18 rather than normalized to F22 like the rest. Fixed now. Perhaps a moderator could kindly remove the screenshot from my post above and replace with this one? And combine my post above with the pinned first post for easy of reference?

Screenshot 2024-06-22 at 13.38.57.png

Updated with correct image and I've updated the pinned post

• Like 1

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.