Which lens for a Canon EOS 5D?

Are you currently on full frame or crop?

If you're on APS-C with a 60mm then the full frame equivalent for canon would be one of their 100mm macros. 

If you're currently putting the Nikon 60mm on a full frame, then the only one I can think of is the Sigma 70mm macro but I've never seen any report of it being used underwater

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Kraken de Mabini said:

I photo small to medium size tropical fish, and nudibranchs. 2 cm to about 25-30 cm with a Nikkor 60 micro, and wonder which is the equivalent Canon lens.  Thanks

Your Canon 5D is an FF body with the EF mount.  Unfortunately, Canon never had a good medium macro lens similar to the Nikon 60.  There was a Canon EF 50 f/2.5 macro, but it is discontinued.  Additionally, it was a slower focus.  

The most popular EF uw lenses I have seen were:

- 16-35 for wide

- 17-40 for wide at a lower price point

- 24-70 

- 100 L f/2.8 macro

- 8-15 fisheye

- Sigma 70 macro (possibly, don’t know focus speed)

Here is an article Reef Photo published with some recommendations for the EF system.

https://reefphoto.com/blogs/photography/canon-ef-mount-lens-recommendations

It may also be worth while comparing against a newer body/lens as well.  Unless you specifically want FF, there are some solid APS-C body/lens combos as well.  

Edited by ChipBPhoto

The 100mm macro would work nicely for your smaller subjects but you would be a bit distant for the larger subjects.  a 150mm subject you might be about 300mm away from and a 300mm subject you would be close to 900mm away.

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.