New toys.

On 7/24/2024 at 5:55 PM, Johno1530 said:

Unfortunately, not for another 6 weeks, but I'm off to Borneo to dive Sipidan in Sept and then off to Socorro in January and I cannot wait 😊

I'm hoping to do Lembah and a few other places as well next year. So, I should get lots of use out of it. 

Sounds fantastic - I've not been back to Sipadan since 1999. We could stay on the island at that time - we spent a week doing 3 dives a day + night dives. We loved it. Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Mark H said:

Sounds fantastic - I've not been back to Sipadan since 1999. We could stay on the island at that time - we spent a week doing 3 dives a day + night dives. We loved it. Enjoy!

Thanks Mark, 

I was looking forward to it, but I may very well cancel the trip sue to the current Mexican stance against underwater photographers. Shame, but there are plenty of places in the world to spend my money 🙂 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Johno1530 said:

Thanks Mark, 

I was looking forward to it, but I may very well cancel the trip sue to the current Mexican stance against underwater photographers. Shame, but there are plenty of places in the world to spend my money 🙂 

Pack your cameras in a suitcase. Put dive gear in a pelican. They will zero in on the pelicans and bypass the suitcases. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Kraken de Mabini said:

I agree with Dave Hicks, I carry my cameras and housings wrapped with clothes, in standard ugly old suitcases, never a problem. 

5 hours ago, Dave_Hicks said:

Pack your cameras in a suitcase. Put dive gear in a pelican. They will zero in on the pelicans and bypass the suitcases. 

It is certainly a good idea, I would just worry if it got lost, stolen or broken. 

Surely, they would also see housings and ports on any x-ray. 

50 minutes ago, Kraken de Mabini said:

I agree with Dave Hicks, I carry my cameras and housings wrapped with clothes, in standard ugly old suitcases, never a problem. 

I think I will just purchase a carnet, which is approx £315 just to be safe, but it will mean that I don't go back to Mexico until they stop stealing off divers/underwater photographers. 

1 hour ago, Johno1530 said:

It is certainly a good idea, I would just worry if it got lost, stolen or broken. 

Surely, they would also see housings and ports on any x-ray. 

They don't scam all or even any of the bags on exit from the terminal. Just a few randomly or if they see a juicy pelican. 

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.