Best lightweight stobe arms-Carbon fiber?

Onokai

Hi @Onokai,

I’m sorry to hear of your issue.  If you don’t mind, what happened to cause the failure?  I’ve not heard of this happening. 

I do know a few people using the Inon float arms, although most I see are either the Nauticam or frame arms (UL or similar) with Stix floats.

chip

Edited by ChipBPhoto
  • Like 1

I've had a Nauticam float fail. Water seeped into it at depth. Nauticam said they improved sealing on those things, but I'm with @TimG the Stix floats look cheap in photos but they're durable and you can adjust buoyancy by adding or subtracting. The "large" floats displace 96 g, and the "jumbo" floats displace 181g. One 20 cm ultralight arm can hold three jumbos.

IMG_9006.jpeg

• Like 3

I have as combination of Nauticam and Stix floats. I just notioced on this 5 eeek in Indonesia trip i'm one one of the Nauitacms had a bity of water in it. I have no idea how that happned. I will consider for stich floats (I have a bunch at home) I'l need to do some weighing to see whats lighter as the rig is abour 26#s now

• Like 2

On 10/20/2024 at 7:19 PM, Onokai said:

One of my 200mm carbon  Nauticam arms failed (beyond warrenty -2 years) and am asking about if any are better quality ones made by others? Has anyone tried Inons ?I'm only looking at float lightweight in 50x200mm size

Email Nauticam regardless, they do have pretty good customer service. Had a couple flooded years back (the older generations, think now its 3rd or 4th one) and they did exchange for latest and greatest without any issues, and if my memory serves me correct, the second time I was out of warranty as well.

• Thanks for your support

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.