Skip to content

Sea & Sea YS-D3 Duo strobe setting issue

Featured Replies

Hi,

I have a complete new setup, and was in the process of setting up the strobes when I ran into an issue.  

 

The instructions manual for the strobes have pretty clear directions on how to set them up based on the camera:  https://www.backscatter.com/images/article/content/Sea&Sea-YS-D3-Duo-Manual.pdf

Page 44 for my R5 says the Optical Input setting should be set to mode 28.

But when I follow the instructions on page 32 it always flashes red.  And the manual says:  "If the light turns red, the setting has failed.  Please try the setting again.".  Which is less than helpful.

Both strobes have exactly the same behaviour.  So I'm completely confused . . . 

The strobes fire fine when connected to the camera housing . . . 

Anyone else have luck setting up these strobes?

Setup:

Canon R5
Isotta Housing
Dual YS-D3 Duo strobes.

Thanks,

Darryl

 

WaterPixels Store
6 hours ago, dvleemin said:

Hi,

I have a complete new setup, and was in the process of setting up the strobes when I ran into an issue.  

 

The instructions manual for the strobes have pretty clear directions on how to set them up based on the camera:  https://www.backscatter.com/images/article/content/Sea&Sea-YS-D3-Duo-Manual.pdf

Page 44 for my R5 says the Optical Input setting should be set to mode 28.

But when I follow the instructions on page 32 it always flashes red.  And the manual says:  "If the light turns red, the setting has failed.  Please try the setting again.".  Which is less than helpful.

Both strobes have exactly the same behaviour.  So I'm completely confused . . . 

The strobes fire fine when connected to the camera housing . . . 

Anyone else have luck setting up these strobes?

Setup:

Canon R5
Isotta Housing
Dual YS-D3 Duo strobes.

Thanks,

Darryl

 

There's two steps in the setup process, first is to get it into setting mode which shows a blue  light once achieved and the second step is to apply the setting which should be followed by a blue light and buzzer.  Do you get the blue light initially?  Secondly to confirm, you are talking about the settings to be changed on page E-32.  Did you make any setting changes as outlined on page E-31?

 

I would also ask which trigger are you using and if you have tried using the strobe at it's default setting?

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.