Hello from the Great White North

clangsner

Hello from Canada.  My name is Carey and I am relatively new to underwater photography and diving in general.  My wife and I didn't get certified until we were 58 years old.

While we might live in Canada, we have never dove in our own country.  All of our diving so far has been on Bonaire and will soon progress to other islands in the Caribbean.

My underwater photography is slowly growing as we dive more and more.

Looking forward to reading and learning from others on this site.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TimG said:

Welcome Carey and Mrs Carey - great to have you with us. Curiously, I've just been writing an article to appear here on Bonaire......  and then Sint Maarten.

I would love to read your article on Bonaire.  We actually bought a place on Bonaire in 2018 and spent 1 month a year there until 2020 then we spent 3 months each year there.  We head back there in late January again for 13 weeks.

5 hours ago, frase said:

Hey Carey. 

Not sure whereabouts in Canada you are but you are missing out! BC has some stunning diving. It can be a bit chilly but drysuits and dry gloves make it all the more bearable 🙂

Best,

Fraser.

We are actually in southern Ontario.  There is a great amount of diving opportunities near us here in Ontarion but we prefer to dive in nice warm water where all we need is a rashguard top and bathing suit.

• Like 1