Which flash trigger to use

14 hours ago, Tino Dietsche said:

Has anyone ever tested the part live? Absolutely exciting in terms of price and should probably be compatible with all A7, A9 and A1 housings from Nauticam.

From the price of that one I'm guessing it's not TTL compatible, but who knows, very little information there. 

On 2/28/2024 at 8:29 AM, Tino Dietsche said:

Has anyone ever tested the part live? Absolutely exciting in terms of price and should probably be compatible with all A7, A9 and A1 housings from Nauticam.

No

FIT makes good products

The nauticam triggers are normally very dumb devices but very robust. 

The issue with the basic triggers is that they only support front curtain and mechanical shutter

I can use electronic shutter with my A1 and rear curtain sync

I use the Turtle Manual trigger with my Sea and Sea DS3 strobes. Can't speak to TTL obviously (I always shoot manual anyway), but it works great with HSS on my MF-2 strobe and I'm overall happy with it.

I put a sticky velcro strip on it to stick it to the inside of my housing when the camera is not inside.

• 1 month later...
On 2/15/2024 at 2:02 AM, christophe chellapermal said:

Well i ve had a not very good experience with the turtle but despite this i must say that Balazs still refunded me the full amount and i still haven't even sent him back the unit. Balazs was certainly very reactive to my mails yet it's been hard to communicate at times.  I might have been unlucky with that unit it happens. One thing that really sucks on the trigger is that there is no visual aid to notify you when its on or off a little led on the side would be quite nice. 

I the end i am taking back and apologise about  what i said about the product it does work. The trigger was not working because the camera was on silent mode this cancels any flash triggering. My experience was a disaster and could ve been handled differently and make a difference but like i said balaz reimbursed me in full i still haven't been able to send him back the unit will do that asap.

• Like 1

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.