Aloha from Hawai'i

WolfSpring

Aloha all, doing the newbie thing.  Found the site from Scubaboard and looking forward to learning.  I am mostly a video guy, but getting into photo and just recently got my Open Water cert.  I have been snorkeling for a few years with GoPros and now am jumping up to a mirrorless setup for more photo related stuff.  I am retired Army Communications been living in Hawaii, Oahu for 6 years and fell in love with the water, specifically snorkel and scuba.  

• Like 3

I've only had 6 dives, two the first time I tried my open water and my four openwater that I just did in NOV.  The first two were amazing, off a boat crystal clear water.  The 4 in NOV weren't great as the weather and waves.  But I have snorkeled the last couple of years and it is amazing!  The water is so clear in spots you can't tell how deep you are.  I've seen so many turtles and reef fish to last a lifetime in my 6 years here.  It is very expensive out here, if I were you I'd buy a used setup and leave with her, tank rental is on par with the mainland I'm told and there are lot of opportunities for both shore and boat dive groups all the time year round.  I am just getting into it and am currently on call for work with a 15 minute response and 40 minute on site time until Feb so I won't get another dive in until then, but I might be able to snorkel and keep my phone on me.