scratched 140mm hemispheric glass port (glass only)

Architeuthis

I have here the (slightly) scratched glass from the Nauticam 140 N120 domeport. I had it replaced by a new one and will dispose the old hemisphere soon. MAYBE one can try to repair it...

In case a do-it-yourselfer wants it, she/he can have it for free (shipping needs to be paid)...

Wolfgang

• 3 weeks later...

As requested by PM, I show here two images of the domeport glass that I want to get rid off. It has two mild scratches on the outside, barely visible on the photos, that show as flare when making photos against the light. In addition there is a "milky" ring inside, resulting from an unprofessional attempt of polishing using an electrical cordless drill equipped with polishing material...

140_port_#2.jpg

140_port_#1.jpg

=> I think it MAY BE useful for a patient homeworker, who already has a Nauticam 140 port or a port by another manufacturer that uses the same glass. The chaces to get rid of the flaws with a lot of patience is good.

I will keep the glass for a couple of days more and then dispose it...

Wolfgang

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.