Hello from the Philippines

Pomacentridae

Hi All,

Aaron here from the Philippines. Happy we have a new forum to discuss our passion.

A bit about me, I started off as a young kid snorkeling with a compact camera in 2002. I have always loved the sea and its creatures, and my passion is documenting their life stories -- life stages/transitions, behavior, habitat, etc.

As you can tell, I really love damselfish 🐠.

Cheers,

Pomacentridae

• Like 2

Hi Aaron (and all), Happy Holidays!

I love to dive in Anilao, but my resort, Club Ocellaris, has not reopened.  I like 90 min or so dives, 10-15 m max depth, 3 or 4 dives/day, with no guide or a dive guide who leaves me alone.  Which resort, preferably without steep hillside stairs, do you recommend?  Thank you. 

On 12/29/2023 at 1:51 AM, Kraken de Mabini said:

Hi Aaron (and all), Happy Holidays!

I love to dive in Anilao, but my resort, Club Ocellaris, has not reopened.  I like 90 min or so dives, 10-15 m max depth, 3 or 4 dives/day, with no guide or a dive guide who leaves me alone.  Which resort, preferably without steep hillside stairs, do you recommend?  Thank you. 

Hi Kraken de Mabini,

When are you visiting? I think we'll be good dive buddies, that typically is my dive profile as well -- 90mins, 10-15m depth 4 dives a day. I normally do the unguided dives as I just prefer to loiter in a spot the whole day. I think it depends on what you want to shoot. If no stairs, the ones I frequent are:

• Arthur's place (Large snappers, mantis shrimp, rhinopias)
  • Anilao Photo Academy (great macro spot)
  • Dive and Trek (Large schooling fish like jacks and mackerel)
  • Bauan Divers (love the coral garden and anthias and damsel fish)

All are on the west side of Anilao and I just shore dive from these locations. On the East side of Anilao, unfortunately the ones I know on the east side like Nap Sack are closed.