Is It Just Me?

ianmarsh

As the first month of WaterPixels winds down and the New Year approaches, it strikes me how happier and lighter this website feels, especially compared to the way Wetpixel ended for me. I think a lot of this has to do with how Rich, Tim, Chris and Davide have handled the transition, and how the new recruits and refugees from WP have taken this up.

I would raise a year end toast to the Mod's and the community.

Well done all!

Ian

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Thanks Ian.

Next year we should have several new things coming up. Rich is a volcano of ideas and we need to hold him by the fins 😆

But the heart of the community is you users. We just try to create a platform where members feel comfortable in a friendly and inclusive environment that facilitates the exchange of opinions.

Happy new year

• Like 4

And another Thanks Ian. Much Appreciated... 

It’s wonderful to hear that the website has a happier and lighter experience compared.

Giving a bit more modern but familiar environment was important to us to provide to you all as transitioning from one community to another can often be challenging, the team and the community has done an excellent job in managing this transition. Perhaps more than we know, a fresh start was needed.

It's particularly heartening refugees from WP have embraced the new platform and contributed to the positive atmosphere. A supportive and inclusive community is crucial for the success of any online platform.

🥂🥂Here's to a fantastic future with continued growth, camaraderie, and memorable moments on WaterPixels!

Happy New Year All... 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Proteus said:

I was (and am) a little blown away at how well the transition was implemented.  

Gary

Thanks, Gary! Much appreciated. 

I suspect the team are a bit surprised by how well it's gone too. Massive sense of relief. But, really, it's all about the enthusiasm of the members - especially the refugees - and the contributors. The response has been fantastic. 

• Like 2

Thanks everyone, It's pleasing this has come along so well and that so many people have come across.  I would say to contributors, the best way you can help move the forum along is word of mouth, more people and more points of view and contributions will help the site along.   So if you happen to be talking to people about UW photography point them in this direction!

• Like 4

I am sure getting the new website off the ground took a tremendous amount of time and effort on the parts of those involved.  The results of that effort show through in both the ease of use of the site and the quality content.  The work is appreciated, I am very happy to have found this site.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.