[documentary] The Knowing | a film by Emmanuel Lubezki, Cristina Mittermeier and Paul Nicklen

Davide DB

I stumbled upon this film, short, commercial. I don't know what to call it. Essentially a Sony commercial for its latest cinema camera. The Sony Burano.
The director and director of photography is Emmanuel Lubezki (three-time Oscar winner for cinematography). 

The photography is very documentary. All very nice but the underwater shots left me a bit puzzled. Surely it was a stylistic choice to leave the images absolutely without contrast? Sony, in the comments, says that the whales were raising a lot of sablefish and the water was murky. Mah.

There is also a behind the scenes. for us divers, the video operator is Marcelo Johan Ogata AKA BugDreamer. Nauticam housing seems to be the latest universal housing..

BTS

• Thanks 1

Nice find Davide - true, it's a little odd....

Quite a contrast with the land footage indeed -  maybe this came from the idea to balance things out / merge with the drone shots of the whales?

Screen Shot 2024-01-12 at 9.10.32.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-12 at 9.09.58.png

Nice looking camera and op otherwise!

Screen Shot 2024-01-12 at 9.09.24.png

On parting, here is a touching scene that will resonate in the aching hearts of many camera enthusiasts.... 😍

Screen Shot 2024-01-12 at 9.14.41.png

Edited by bghazzal
  • Like 1

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.