67mm Flip Adapters and Attached Accessories

My post linked has me thinking about flip adapters and the accessories attached to them. Using my current configuration as an example, I have a SubSee +10 diopter attached via a Saga flip adapter. Looking closely, there's over a half inch gap between the camera lens and the diopter lens. When using my 60mm lens, I can see the diopter in the corners. I don't have this problem with my 105mm. As I look at the Nauticam products (flip adapter and diopter), you can see that they've designed it to get the diopter glass closer to the lens. The question is, how much of a difference does this make to focusing quality and speed? 

You can see the difference in this product picture:

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

From personal experience only:
Yes - There is a difference between a Saga flip adapter and a Nauticam flip adapter. 
I experienced the same gap with Saga and found in various situations that my wet lens was not square with the lens port, and therefore sold my Saga to get a Nauticam.

Edited by DocTock
  • Like 1

I had in the past a flip (can't remember the brand) I was not happy because the gap. That's the reason I builded my own flip 

It was tricky.

It's a flip and at the same time a float that compensates for the extra mass of the lens

I can put a second flip, but I don't need that for the moment then with the Canon RF100 with x1.4 it's a good start and with the SMC1  it's enough 

If I need more in the futur I'll probably buy the SMC2 and add it as second flip.
I'will need to make a new float, a litle bit larger.

image.png

image.png

Edited by CaolIla

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.