Fuvamulah - Tigers and other sharks

Ajay

Hi folks,

We spent five days diving in Fuvamulah this Jan. Went mainly for tiger shark dives - and we saw plenty of them. There were other sharks in the area, including a sand tiger, and a thresher, and a school of hammerheads (which I missed). Although it is mainly a big fish dive Island, it's definitely worth a revisit, I think. It was pretty much the first time that I was trying out my relatively new gear (Sony A7 IV in a Nauticam housing); and I tend to do much more macro - so switching to wide angle was a bit of a challenge. On top of that, I spent almost half, or more dives trying video. Learning curves were all steep, so the photos and videos are not so great. I also tried the WWL-1B on one day, and I like it: although I do feel there are soft corners, but I think with more trials, I should be able to improve..

Here is a teaser image. The trip report and photos are here.

The video is here.

Comments, criticism, and advise are all welcome.

Kind regards,

Ajay

tigerDSC02724.jpg

• Like 3

Been also there - Without wide angle it is difficult to get the tigers. But they are so cute! We‘ll visit them in August this year again! 

Last time I had Seafrogs housing and dome with A6000+16-50. Can‘t recommend this combination. But „Big Mama“ was interested in the clicking sound of the Camera what lead to an interesting situation… 😁 

I watched your video, very cool lots of tiger sharks that's for sure.  Tahiti is on my very short list of dive destinations in the next couple of years for sure.   Philippians first this May. 

Looks like a bit of travel logistics to get to Fakarakava but I'm sure worth it.  

Yes indeed - need an additional flight to get to Fuvamulah from Male. If one has sufficient time, I think the ideal way is to do a liveaboard trip in Maldives (for example, several boats offer a "best of Maldives" itinerary, which I quite like) followed by a few days in Fuvamulah.

Kind regards

Ajay

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.