SoCal Wreck Diver & Explorer

I guess I have to do an introduction post before I can reply to topics?

Anyway, I live in Southern California and dive almost exclusively on wrecks. I currently shoot a Sony a6400 and a7rIV both in Nauticam housings. I've been spending the past 3-4 years working on building my photogrammetry and wreck photography skills. I work with a couple other people and we have found about 15 new wrecks here in Southern California in the past 3-4 years and documented them on my website:

http://wreckedinmyrevo.com/

- brett

• Like 4

Hey Brett - I hope you have a great time in the Solomons!  I lived there many years ago and dived everything that was within no-deco limits.  I’d guess that the wrecks close to shore around Bonegi would be severely deteriorated by now as they’re so shallow, but others like the John Penn and the submarine near Tambea are much deeper and should still be good.  If you can get out to the western province there are some aircraft in protected lagoons, and the Toa Maru in a deep bay near Gizo was and still should be superb. And if you do get out there, Grand Central Station is a must, it’s a pass through the outer reef that generates big currents and thus attracts tons of big pelagics including sharks and rays.  Now I’m starting to miss it all.  Hopefully there are good operators to steer you right, when I was there it was hit and miss.  Best of luck!  Robert