Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

Give your feedback on buyers/sellers

Started by Drew ·

  • 412Posts
  • 412Replies

Read-only discussion

Give your feedback on buyers/sellers

412 posts
  1. I bought a Inon macro lens from Pfiffikus25 and everything worked out great! Thumbs up! :P

  2. Scubaspud25

    I sold a complete Gates housing system and Sony HD Camcorder to Scubaspud25. There were problems with Paypal, so he phoned me and arranged a different way to pay. He was very patient considering Paypal was playing up.

     

    He is a good person to deal with, honest and reliable. :(

  3. Just wanted to say that this forum is first class for purchasing or selling items, nothing to do with ebay, thanks to honest likeminded members.

    I'll add my own experience while I was busy trading these last months. so thumbs up to these highly recommended traders :

    - Jeff/ Synthetic who I bought a 5D housing from at fantastic price and arranged my problems shipping to France.

    - Dan/ danandrewclem for a swift sale of a port body, clean of any VAT :D

    - Steve/ pxguru who brought his 8" dome from Malaysia to the UK so that my shipping and import tax bill was almost nil.

    - Gary/ GHP who purchased from me a Ike dual sync chord (still between Paris and the Uk at the moment) and paid me at supersonic speed.

  4. blibecap

     

    I bought some ULCS arms and clamps from Bill. Very honest and reliable. This was a very easy transaction. Would recommend.

     

     

  5. Just wanted to say that this forum is first class for purchasing or selling items, nothing to do with ebay, thanks to honest likeminded members.

    I'll add my own experience while I was busy trading these last months. so thumbs up to these highly recommended traders :

     

    - Gary/ GHP who purchased from me a Ike dual sync chord (still between Paris and the Uk at the moment) and paid me at supersonic speed.

     

    Thanks to Luko for sending the above mentioned cable so quickly, it arrived a couple of days after posting.

    Very nice to deal with. Polite, courteous, and speedy.

    After all, good manners cost nothing.

  6. Also, thanks to GUDGE, from whom I bought a small but important ULCS mount for my SB-105.

    Item arrived within a few days. Amazing, considering it came from the middle of no-where.(Well, Exmouth in Aus, that is !! )

  7. Purchased a dslr set up from Marjo. delivery was fast to the UK. Payment was made through PP. The rig was not for myself but a relative who is off to Cocos for christmas.

     

    Cheers Marjo

  8. Five stars to Elmer Yu ("EYU"). A pleasure to deal with. Bought a Lowepro Roller 3; paid for it on Thursday and had it on Friday.

     

    Bob

  9. Purchased a Canon 17 40mm lens from WP member delwagne great price, great communication and delivered from the US to the UK in a couple of days.

     

    All the best Dennis

     

    Stew

  10. Bought a DS-51 strobe, ev control, tray, and arms from tonyinasia. Paid via paypal, was shipped the next day and received 3 days later. Everything looks brand new even though some was used.

  11. I bought an Inon macro lens from WP member NCmermaid and everything worked out great! :)

  12. I bought a strobe from DIRDavid or bax737 (Its the same person)

     

    I did not receive all the accessories I was supposed to. Still unresolved and communication now lacking.

    I would not deal with this person again.

     

    Regret having to make this post

     

    Mary

  13. I have to unfortunately echo Mary's post. Purchased 2 DS-51 strobes from "DIRdavid" who later made it obvious he was also "bax737". Claims they were shipped, but have not received them to this day (well over a month now from the alleged shipping date).

     

    Communication was lacking from the beginning -- didn't even get the claim he'd shipped them until after opening Paypal Dispute. During dispute never got the requested postal receipt scanned and emailed to me. Dispute escalated to claim and was ruled in my favor, but money somehow "can't be recovered from his account". Usually this only happens because people delete all their funding information to prevent it. (I'm now beginning to understand a prior rant I read by someone else about Paypal :blink: )

     

    Off to call my credit card holder and try for a chargeback. But in short, David Baxter is not someone I would choose to do business with again, even if the strobes or my money do magically 'appear' someday.

     

    (EDIT: And I feel bad that the last 2 postings on this thread are negative, although both involve the same seller. I am compelled to state I have bought other items as a result of WP postings from other sellers over the years that went very smoothly, just unfortunately didn't post in this thread to thank them as I probably should've!)

    Edited by rtrski
  14. I have just made a transaction with JD @ jd@durgon.com. He purchased strobes that I had for sale at a fair price, and sent me the funds immediately. We had a very open line of communication, and I would not hesitate to buy/sell items to him in the future. I hope he finds the strobes satisfactory, and as advertised.

     

    Thanks JD,

     

    Dennis Wagner

  15. I have just made a transaction with JD @ jd@durgon.com. He purchased strobes that I had for sale at a fair price, and sent me the funds immediately. We had a very open line of communication, and I would not hesitate to buy/sell items to him in the future. I hope he finds the strobes satisfactory, and as advertised.

     

    Thanks JD,

     

    Dennis Wagner

     

    I bought the cords from the same ad. Dennis sent them quickly! Great condition. Great communication. A highly recommended seller!!!

    Thank you!!!

    Tom ;)

  16. paquito

     

    5 Gold Stars

     

    Purchased an Ikelite smart charger from him. Excellent communication. Fast shipping. A great experience.

  17. Kudos to Don in Colorado as well !!!! Terrific to deal with, great communication, straight forward, great experience!!

     

    If Don wouldn't mind sharing a little of the spot light, I'd also like to expand my thanks and gratitude to members

    proveg

    rcalvin

    blibecap

    tcalver

    Pgunderson

     

    All smooth transactions and fantastic to work with. Everyone was non-nonsense, easy to deal with and communication was terrific.

    High recommendations and regards to all of them!

  18. I was feeling seller's remorse over my 20D housing, when along came cemkur offering a used Ikelite 20D housing and a few other items for a very good price. A few days later, I have a housing again, which I will use this weekend on the Cape to photograph my two-month-old on his first swim. Very pleased.

  19. I bought a dome port and strobe arms from ornateghostpipefish for a very good price.

     

    Very quick email responses; package was posted within an hour after payment. Materials received in excellent condition.

  20. I would like to also compliment another First Class Seller A+++++, Eyematey/Steve

    I bought a new Patima G9 Housing from him. Though he is not the direct dealer, the housing is REALLY NEW. Some people might use the gear for some time before selling off their item as "new", but Steve is really a highly reliable seller.

     

    Very prompt reply through email.

     

    Highly responsible: He mentioned that he will be away for a short trip so you wont be waiting and wondered why there is no news.

     

    Item is very well packed and brand new. MINT Condition.

     

    He also has his Ebay account under the name "Slafter" - 100% Positive Feedback. Highly Recommended Seller!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.