Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

OM-D EM-1

Started by RogerC ·

  • 135Posts
  • 135Replies

Read-only discussion

OM-D EM-1

135 posts
  1. Yes, but i don't now where i change the camera set for underwater mode, i found a White balance set caled underwater but, the flash still don't fire

  2. I found !!! you need to customize the the FN1 or the FN 2 for this funcion The button can be used to choose between I and H while the underwater case is attached. Press and hold the button to return to the previous mode. If this option is selected, the FL-LM2 will fi re even when not raised. When using an ED12-50mmEZ lens with power zoom (E-ZOOM), the lens is automatically zoomed to the WIDE end or TELE end in accordance with I and H switching.

     

    page 99 and 100 from the OMD user manual, now work perfect !!

  3. Kadu, I just e-mailed you the procedure for the flash.

     

    Oktay, this allows the camera flash to trigger in the lower position (as opposed as having to raise it fully), keeping the flash down allows for a substantial reduction in height of the housing, it is the same procedure used by Olympus.

  4. Jean - could you please send me the procedure for the flash too? I'm still waiting for my dealer to send me the housing, but I want to be ready when it arrives!

  5. Tks Jean, the instructions were well explanatory, and now i am ready to go to the water :)

  6. Omã | Some pictures with OMD-EM1 and Aquatica Housing, with Panasonic 8mm and Aquatica mini dome

     

    13906416058_0fe919cb5f_o.jpg

     

    14069813516_fcf2b3f42b_o.jpg

     

    13906413637_d5d6a84bb3_o.jpg

  7. Definately shameless self promotion there Jussi, but as owners of a pair of your gears, ive gotta agree they do work a treat !!! ;)

    Dave

  8. Anybody know what kind of strobe connections the Aquatica housing will have for the E-M1?

     

    Hi, I own an Aquatica housing and used fiber optic cords for the first dives. Works perfect. After some weeks I have an Ikelite connector and works better than expected. You don't have speed sync limits if you know how play with the black band in the top of the frame ( other Oly cameras had this band in the bottom). You can order also Nikonos connectors as you preffer.

    Some photos with the Aquatica housing and a couple of Ikelite DS161 with FO adapters.

     

    https://www.facebook.com/rajeshstudio/media_set?set=a.850501141645403.1073741853.100000565767612&type=3

  9. What would be the main differences between the Arctica and Nautican housings?

  10. Maybe a stupid question - but can you save all the UW-specific settings of the EM1 as a user mode.

    I wonder if one can switch back and forth between underwater and "overwater/land"-photography quickly?

    Or is it allways 10 minutes of changing menue-settings?

     

    Or is it more usefull to have one body for underwater and one for land-photography?

    Thanks a lot

  11. you can save up to four "MySet" configurations. This might be what you are looking for Paratom

  12. I confirm what DivingMeCrazy advise. I just made the test, where the underwater mode is assigned to either Fn key in one of MySet preset. The flash fires every time you trigger. When switching to another MySet where the underwater mode is not assigned, the flash doesn't fire anymore. The procedure to configure the E-M1 is provided in the Aquatica AE-M1 user guide (page 6).

     

    Another (simpler ?) way to do so is to access the "Direct Control" menu by pressing "OK". Scroll vertically to reach the flash settings and you can choose between always on, red eye reduction, always off, 2nd curtain and manual value (info key + rear dial to change the value by 1/3 step from full to 1/64).

    Edited by davirond

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.