The initial question was I have an housing for the em5 and I want to put a vacuum system can I now be less careful with rough water entries? Based on the housing the op has (nauticam em5) i would say no because that specific housing can be opened if you accidentally hit the lock button and rotate the latch.
I have been staying out of the argument but would like to clarify that this is not what I asked. As I sought to make clear in a second post, I decided to purchase the vacuum system for its advertised benefits and got to thinking that perhaps an ADDED benefit of such a system might be a lower risk of flooding at the surface. My thought was that the creation of negative pressure at the surface might make it less likely that the seal created by the O ring would be compromised by the water forces that can occur in particularly rough shore entries and with a giant stride (when unavoidable). I was curious about whether my thought had any validity. I was not asking if I could be less careful with the housing or asking about any of the side issues that have arisen such as damaging the housing or smashing the port during a dive or opening the housing in the water.
I have been taking photos underwater for several years without accidentally opening my housing during a dive. This is my second Nauticam housing and I have in the past used housings by a few other manufacturers. If the negative pressure prevents the housing from being accidentally opened then that is a potential added benefit, but not what I was asking about and would rather not have it appear that I was hoping to now become careless with my gear or concerned about opening the housing while underwater.
By the way, would the vacuum system make it less likely for the housing to flood if it were snatched from my hand by a great white shark, then dropped several hundred feet to the sea floor where it was picked up by an octopus and carried to a shallower depth by said cephalopod and later thrown onto the shore in a hurricane? (Just kidding...not serious here...don't answer)