As you all know, I'm building out a new 4K video system based on the GH4. I'm happy with my wide-angle setup, the Panasonic 7-14mm zoom in the Zen 170mm port.
But, this last weekend I had a tough time getting good video from my macro lens choice; the Olympus 60mm f2.8 Macro. The lens and port is fine. But, for video, I found that the focal length is just a little too long. It's OK if you can hold the housing down onto a firm base, but even then, water movement gets transmitted into the footage. The 60mm works fine for photography as it only needs to be still for 1/10,000s. Holding it still for 10 seconds is more challenging.
- Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 Power O.I.S. Lens It can focus as close as 20cm. Add a flip macro and it might be a good double-purpose option. The Panasonic lenses have the advantage of OIS on the GH4. Nice and compact.
- Olympus M.Zuiko ED 12-50mm F3.5-6.3 Ez Lens. The lens has a switch for electronic zoom and electronic focus, including locking into a Macro range. Gets very good reviews as all purpose lens. Expensive port and gear.
