Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Sony a7s II underwater use -- All parameters

Started by GeoPaul7 ·

  • 319Posts
  • 319Replies

Read-only discussion

Sony a7s II underwater use -- All parameters

319 posts
  1. If these fishes are big enough... come to Red Sea....

     

    a6f826b88b964b782e94e442497c595d.jpg

    0c17274ef422bfee96898c74254664e0.jpg

    796f30f75af266774c8d6210ebeb7157.jpg

    Edited by TaxiDiver14
  2. If these fish are big enough... come to Red Sea....

     

    a6f826b88b964b782e94e442497c595d.jpg

    0c17274ef422bfee96898c74254664e0.jpg

    796f30f75af266774c8d6210ebeb7157.jpg

     

    Big enough to me :)

  3. Hmm.. what? Nothing school-bus sized? Boring! :D

  4.  

    Big enough to me :)

    very nice. Would love to see a Hammerhead!

  5. Video soon...

  6. Sphyrna lewini...

  7. Sphyrna lewini...

     

     

    Very nice Alfredo! Love the music. Can you relate what technique you used? What lens? Is this the a7s II?

  8. A7RII + FE 16-35. AUTO ISO 100-3200. AWB A+3 M+3. -0,7EV.

  9. Working hard...

     

    3103d5768f0d35e6fe92b362eac6c080.jpg

  10. That appears to be an impressive monitor. I like how much "real estate" you have there. What monitor is it?

    Edited by SwiftFF5
  11. Lg 34" 21:9...

  12. Video as promised....

    [vimeohd]

    [/vimeohd]
    Edited by TaxiDiver14
  13. YouTube...

  14. Nice work! Very natural looking colours and the blue is really good! I like the fact that it's not another oversaturated underwater video but much closer to what we see underwater kind of cinematic look.

  15. That appears to be an impressive monitor. I like how much "real estate" you have there. What monitor is it?

     

    Yes I need to get a nice big monitor like that. I do all my editing on my 15inch MacBook Pro. I still have not seen any of my films in 4K yet!

  16. Nice work! Very natural looking colours and the blue is really good! I like the fact that it's not another oversaturated underwater video but much closer to what we see underwater kind of cinematic look.

    Thanks. Sony tends to oversaturate when you shoot in standar style. But the VECTORSCOPE & WAVEFORM are your best friends when editing, I had to desaturate many clips.

    You can shoot in PP but you loose tha HDR and you need to bring it back in post.

    Still learning and trying new things. In one week Playa de carmen to see my fat pregnant girls... BULL SHARKS [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7]

     

    Yes I need to get a nice big monitor like that. I do all my editing on my 15inch MacBook Pro. I still have not seen any of my films in 4K yet!

    Its a great one. Cheap, big, true colors. I was editing in a 15" laptop and the diference is HUGE...
  17. Thanks. Sony tends to oversaturate when you shoot in standar style. But the VECTORSCOPE & WAVEFORM are your best friends when editing, I had to desaturate many clips.

    You can shoot in PP but you loose tha HDR and you need to bring it back in post.

     

    Agree on the Vectroscope and Waweform monitors. I thought it was the other way around. Shooting in an appropriate PP will give you more dynamic range.

  18. For high dinamig range you have to shoot in slog... and this is much more work in post and is not the best shooting way for underwater filming.

    Edited by TaxiDiver14
  19. For high dinamig range you have to shoot in slog... and this is much more work in post and is not the best shooting way for underwater filming.

    Not necessarily even non SLOG profiles give you more dynamic range at least that is my understanding by reading the manual of the RX100 but i am pretty new to this so might be wrong as well.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.