Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Photos

Started by digitallywet ·

  • 87Posts
  • 87Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Photos

87 posts
  1. Todd:

     

    You know what they say - everything is bigger in Texas (or fake). LOL, sorry, couldn't resist.

     

    You should come on down Todd - you could dive the Flower Gardens with Jim, Karl, and me.

     

    Cheers

    James

  2. Isn't that water in the Flower Gardens cold? :D

     

    What is that, 5mm diving? I have a 5/3 full, 3/2 full and of course a drysuit. Never really considered Texas until now. But the views look wonderful.

  3. Good show girl,  :blink: , have been under the ice this winter?

     

     

    Planned for this weekend - heading "up north" a couple of hours!!

    Edited by KimInNB
  4. OK - I'll add my pics now...

     

    Here's me:

    christa.jpg

     

    And here's me in my element:

    Christa_Turtle.jpg

     

    C

  5. At a dog mushing training camp in Alaska last summer...unusually far from water...liquid water, that is :blink:

     

    (Previous photo is now old)

     

    ~Matt Segal

    Edited by segal3
  6. Hey Everybody :(

     

    Just a note to say hello and introduce my wife Tammy(Scubagirl) and me, Jim(Airburnr).

    I have been surfin the site for about a year now,and have gained an amazing amount of

    useful information..Thanks everybody :D

    Tried to upload some pics,but fdor some reason, it didn't work .:-(

    Anyway, have a great day.

  7. Okay, I finally will make a post here. I don't get too many pictures taken of me, probably because I am not very photogenic. I found these from Roatan and Utila last year.

     

    On the cart, I am getting buzzed by bees, so it was quick on, shoot, and get off the cart quickly since the bees seemed to make the cart their home.

     

    On the way home from a dive, I am sipping on water pondering life, "why am I going home?"

     

    Joe Belanger

    post-1513-1111329560_thumb.jpg

    Edited by Kelpfish
  8. Here I am drinking margaritas on the bus to La Paz from Cabo last year.

    I think margaritas should be provided on all forms of public transportation :)

     

     

    041031_152858_1a.jpg

    Edited by martys
  9. Well, here are my photos taken on May 22nd, the first day I used my new strobe:

     

    Before the dive:

     

    Anaantes_P5227127.jpg

     

    During the dive:

     

    Anadurante_P5227134.jpg

     

    Fotos: Víctor Amor, my buddy and boyfriend - thou this second one is not one of his best UW pics, he is a good photographer, much better than me, of course! :blink:

     

    Regards!

  10. Both of these were taken by my girlfriend on an MX-10 (yeah, i know its not digital and its not a SLR, but.....) in Bonaire, March 2004.

     

    Aquatic: Doing the "Chicken Dance" on a safety stop off Klein Bonaire! Sometimes I leave the camera topside so I can practice being a buddy.

     

    post-4009-1116959711_thumb.jpg

     

    Terrestrial: If anyone is having problems finding the Andrea I site in Bonaire, now you know why. I do have to say the marker was a pain to pack and and even more difficult to explain to the customs folks back in Atlanta.

     

    post-4009-1116959659_thumb.jpg

  11. An underwater shot of me from Guam and my favorite grouper!

     

    20620ME.jpg

  12. Oh Chris, you're going to get hammered for this one. Unless that grouper just landed in your hand. I admit it is possible as I've had a nassau grouper do it to me before.

     

    Cheers

    James

  13. Shooting close-up wide angle of lemon shark:

     

    IMG_1093.jpg

     

    ...and aboard Shearwater taking shots of tiger sharks on the surface while balancing precariously on the rail. ;)

    post-65-1129261568_thumb.jpg

  14. Here are Randy and I at DEMA.

     

    Randy "insisted" we pose with Jessica Alba! <_<

     

    Kathy Mendes

    post-2694-1129264929_thumb.jpg

  15. ha .. and the jessica alba thread spreads it's wings !

  16. Oh Chris, you're going to get hammered for this one.  Unless that grouper just landed in your hand.  I admit it is possible as I've had a nassau grouper do it to me before.

     

    Cheers

    James

     

    No photoshopping here James! I have known this little fish for more than 5 years. the local guides feed it daily ( something I do not do ). it will come out as soon as you approach and all you have to do is reach out and gently pick it up.

     

    Come to Guam and get this shot yourself!

  17. An underwater shot of me from Guam and my favorite grouper!

     

    20620ME.jpg

     

    Proof in the pudding! note the shadows from my fingers on the fish,

     

    My hand is open! the fish digs it!

     

    And how about my exposure suit! got to love the gin clear "bath water" of Guam!

  18. Hey!,

     

    Shots of Bruce Yates were taken by yours truly with crappy little Canon Rebel XT ;) He was lots of fun on this year's Shark Expedition and after that trip I'll bet he created a "checklist" for extension rings for his Seacam housing :angry:

     

    Luckily I had a "spare" 77mm B&W diopter for him to try, although I think he stopped using it after seeing no big difference with his Canon 17-40L lens. Hmmm.....Maybe this combo didn't NEED the extension ring anyway!

     

    Sorry to be off topic, just recalling lots fun getting close to sharks.

     

    David Haas

  19. Haha, whoops! Left the PVL35 at home did you Bruce?

     

    Chris, I believe that you were holding the fish - no doubt. I was just giving you a hard time for "touching" the marine life...lol.

     

    Cheers

    James

  20. Bonnie that 2 cute!

     

    David, when do we get to see your wetpix from the MargaritaGrille?

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.