Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

Group buy for 613 core fiber cable

Started by Bevanj ·

  • 121Posts
  • 121Replies

Read-only discussion

Group buy for 613 core fiber cable

121 posts
  1. @TimG: I'm interested in 10m fiber with delivery to South Africa or UK.

  2. On 9/22/2021 at 8:05 PM, bvanant said:

    I will repeat my offer to buy a spool if someone wants to hand carry it back to the EU/GB. I suspect most folks would like the 1.5 mm cable.

    Bill

     

    Hey Bill

    As set out above, I can carry it to the UK/EU but I'm not sure a whole spool is needed. We need a quick round up on who wants how much. I can then take that much with me and mail it in the UK and NL.

    Folks: how much do you want via the UK or EU? If Bill is content, I suggest we pay him. I'll sort out mailing and let people know how much after the event. I'm sure it won't be much. The stuff is very lightweight.

    Edited by TimG
  3. If anybody in the EU is looking for the L shaped plus, UW Camera Store (based in NL) has the Inon "Single Hole Rubber Bush Type L" currently for about 7.20 Euro plus delivery (cheaper than USD shops :D ):

    https://www.uwcamerastore.com/inon-single-hole-rubber-bush-type-l

    They also have the double hole version. Personally that (i.e. single hole)  is what i will be using with a salvaged caps from the Nauticam cables (https://www.uwcamerastore.com/nauticam-optical-fibre-connector-for-inon-for-26216   ;  it can be bought separately though it looks suspiciously like the Inon "Sensor Plug Non-wireless"  https://www.uwcamerastore.com/inon-sensor-plug-non-wireless).

    Inon also does a full connector for their strobes ""Wireless type" L-Connector", it is however a bit more expensive, at 31.35 Euro (non wireless version, ie for older Type 3 etc strobes also exists)

    https://www.uwcamerastore.com/inon-l-connector

     

    Now, no, i am not working for that store...just dropped off my housings there for service this week, hence rummaged through their stock since I was there anyways :)

    Edited by makar0n — spelling, because its clearly too early in the morning for me
  4. As per previous, I am on for 10m to 20m. I think we need a joint plan by Tim & Bill about the process here, including who to pay for what part and how.

  5. I think we only have 3 buyers in EU/UK:

    Cris - Zampaz: 10m to Italy

    LeeCat: 10m to UK

    John Liddiard: 20m to UK

    Me: 20m

    If that's all there is, I'm not sure Bill would want to buy a drum of it?

    Tim

     

  6. And me, Tim.

    i will go up to 20 m to Germany.

  7. Thanks, Michael.

    Bill: That's 60m to ship to EU/UK. I could take 20m which makes it 80m in total.

    Would you be happy to order that and get it shipped to my forwarding address in Miami? It need to be there before the end of next week, ideally 6 or 7 Oct to be on the safe side.

    Order now:

    Cris - Zampaz: 10m to Italy

    LeeCat: 10m to UK

    John Liddiard: 20m to UK

    Michael T: 20m to FRG

    TimG (me): 20m to Miami (for Sint Maarten)

     

  8. The link to the German company is for single core fiber as far as I can tell, no for the Asahi material. 

    I will be happy to order 100 meters which will be $750 plus about $13 shipping to a Miami address. Typically I get mine from i-fiber in about 3 days here in Los Angeles. We can work out how to pay me once I get it ordered. 

    Send my you address in Miami and I will have it shipped there. 

    bill.vanantwerp@gmail.com

    BVA

  9. Guys, are you happy with $7.50/meter plus a few £/€s more for shipping once I Get it to the UK/NL?

     

  10. 1 hour ago, bvanant said:

    The link to the German company is for single core fiber as far as I can tell, no for the Asahi material. 

    I will be happy to order 100 meters which will be $750 plus about $13 shipping to a Miami address. Typically I get mine from i-fiber in about 3 days here in Los Angeles. We can work out how to pay me once I get it ordered. 

    Send my you address in Miami and I will have it shipped there. 

     bill.vanantwerp@gmail.com

    BVA

    Emailing it to you, Bill

     

  11. 58 minutes ago, TimG said:

    Guys, are you happy with $7.50/meter plus a few £/€s more for shipping once I Get it to the UK/NL?

     

    Yes, of course. Shipping to Germany would be best from NL i think

  12. 3 minutes ago, Michael T. said:

    Yes, of course. Shipping to Germany would be best from NL i think

    Yep, agreed, Michael. Will do. Can you PM me your address please?

    Cris, LeeCat and John too please.

     

     

  13. 11 hours ago, TimG said:

    Yep, agreed, Michael. Will do. Can you PM me your address please?

    Cris, LeeCat and John too please.

     

     

    Tim, I think I have PM'd you, but I am not sure of that as I am not a regular user of PM here. If not, you should be able to Google me easily enough.

  14. 5 hours ago, JohnLiddiard said:

    Tim, I think I have PM'd you, but I am not sure of that as I am not a regular user of PM here. If not, you should be able to Google me easily enough.

    Yep, all good, John. No worries.

  15. Guys

    As things stand there will probably be 20m of the cable still available. So if anyone would like to join-in, it's not too late.

    Just let me know how much you'd like - and send me a PM with your mailing address. I'd suggest this is only really worthwhile if you are in the UK or EU... or Sint Maarten. If Sint Maarten I can do free local delivery :D

     

  16. Guys

    I'm so sorry but this has crash-landed for the moment. Despite the best efforts of Bill and I, we can't guarantee the cable reaching me before I leave for the UK next week. There's not much point in it arriving in Sint Maarten just after I left - which has become an increasing possibility.

    I will be making the same trip though in a couple of months. Once dates look clearer we can do a quick whizz round to see who remains interested and take it from there.

    So apologies - and many thanks to Bill for the offer and support. We should be able to revisit all this a little later.

  17. Thanks Tim and Bill,

    for me it's not a problem. I will stay tuned and participate in a later group buy.

    My photography season ends next week after my last trip to Gozo this year and i still have some ready-to-shoot cables so it's not a hurry.

    Michael
     

  18. Thanks, Michael!

  19. Barring another source coming up in the meantime, I am still in if it takes longer to organise. Thanks for your efforts in trying to get this together.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.