Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

Group buy for 613 core fiber cable

Started by Bevanj ·

  • 121Posts
  • 121Replies

Read-only discussion

Group buy for 613 core fiber cable

121 posts
  1. 20 hours ago, TimG said:

    John Liddiard - 20m

    I am still on for it

    Edited by JohnLiddiard
  2. 6 hours ago, JohnLiddiard said:

    I am still on for it

    Thanks, John. Noted

  3. I'm in too.

    Thanks Tim

  4. 25 minutes ago, zampaz said:

    I'm in too.

    Thanks Tim

    Super, thanks Cris

  5. If there's anyone else interested i need to know please by the end of your day Thursday. I'll place the order on Friday.

     

  6. Hi Tim,

    Quick question - how do you cut the fiber optic once I have several meters ? I may be interested (UK based).

    Thanks

  7. 1 hour ago, waterpixel said:

    Hi Tim,

    Quick question - how do you cut the fiber optic once I have several meters ? I may be interested (UK based).

    Thanks

    Hi!

    I bought about 3m of this about a year or so ago and cut it into approx 0.5m lengths. I used domestic kitchen scissors. No problem at all to cut and all the cables work perfectly!

  8. Ok thank you - I'm in for 5meters Tim if you plan to be in EU/UK in Feb?

  9. 19 hours ago, waterpixel said:

    Hi Tim,

    Quick question - how do you cut the fiber optic once I have several meters ? I may be interested (UK based).

    Thanks

    A straight nail clipper works great to cut fiber optic cable.

  10. 3 hours ago, waterpixel said:

    Ok thank you - I'm in for 5meters Tim if you plan to be in EU/UK in Feb?

    No worries.

    Could you PM me please your mailing and email address?

  11. All ordered.

    I'll keep everyone posted.....

    • I use one of the razor blade cutters nice clean cuts
  12. When you read the data sheets about cutting, perfect square, no fractured fibre edges etc, that is all aimed at the main use of fibres for transmitting data at giga bits over 1000s of miles. For simply directing a 'fire' pulse over 1m, such precision of cutting is irrelevant.

  13. Guys

    As reported.

    The Eagle has Landed. And it's a big one.

    (Note: the Swiss Army knife is to give an idea of scale and does not come with orders....)  :crazy:

     

    IMG_1765.jpg

  14. ...Great !

    Thanks

  15. 9 hours ago, zampaz said:

    ...Great !

    Thanks

    :good:

  16. 86m of fibre optic cable shared out......

    IMG_1772.jpg

  17. Hi Tim, 

    do you have any of the cable left or do you know a store in Europe that also sells shorter pieces? 

  18. Hey michael

    Really sorry, it's all now committed - in fact I started mailing it out today.

    I wish I could help on an EU supplier. Our inability to find one was what started this off originally. Could you perhaps use Toslink cable? Amazon has this. It's cheap, comes in short lengths and certainly worked on my Inon strobes.

     

  19. 3 minutes ago, TimG said:

    Hey michael

    Really sorry, it's all now committed - in fact I started mailing it out today.

    I wish I could help on an EU supplier. Our inability to find one was what started this off originally. Could you perhaps use Toslink cable? Amazon has this. It's cheap, comes in short lengths and certainly worked on my Inon strobes.

     

    Dont worry :) Found some endlight cables that work above the water - but i read so often that the 613 cable are the best one. That is why I try to get that 

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.