Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. On 7/12/2023 at 10:05 PM, Glasseye Snapper said:

    My primary intest is coastal fish biodiversity, behaviour and habitat use. I performed a 3 month PADI Awared Foundation funded fish survey earlier this year in Dauin (Negros Oriental, Philippines) and documented 790 different fish species, including many never before reported from the Philippines and a few that researchers believe to be new to science. You can read more about it on this site https://dauin.biodives.com/

    That's very interesting, do you have a background in marine biology?

  2. On 6/21/2023 at 9:59 AM, glcodeworks said:

    Let me know what you think about my blog, would love to hear your thoughts.

    Hi, i'm very impressed by the pictures on your blog. Kudos!

  3. Greetings All! My name is George. Certified in 78 and spent first 20 years diving off the coast in Monterey and live-a boards to Channel Islands. Since then, have dove PNG, Solomons, Sipadan, Dumaguete, Hawaii, and Caribbean. Heading to Lembeh Resort in a couple of weeks-really stoked! Currently using a TG-6 with Inon Z330’s. Transitioning from film has been a challenge but I think the TG-6 is the solution! 

  4. Hi,

    I'm Jason. Been on Wetpixel for a few decades, but was notified to introduce myself!  We live on a 40 foot catamaran and spend our time on the east coast of the US and Bahamas.  We actively post our travels on Facebook.com/breathesaildive and our underwater photos on our website www.breathesaildive.com

  5. 11 hours ago, Sublux said:

    That's very interesting, do you have a background in marine biology?

    I have an undergraduate degree in biology but not marine biology. My academic career has been in molecular biology and bioinformatics but I have a life-long passion for fish and plan to spend the rest of my diving life as an underwater naturalist. Initally as private projects in collaboration with FishBase and researchers. But in time I may organise some more advanced marine naturalist trips that combine teaching about coastal ecosystems and using photography to document findings.

  6. Hello from Seattle,

    My name is Cliff and I'm a diver with a photography habit. I started shooting UW photos about 15 years ago, starting with Sea & Sea and moving my way through various compact cameras and of course GoPro. I was never particularly pleased with my shots in a world where NatGeo level photos are constantly in my face from the likes of people that post here. But I didn't give up, I migrated to the Panasonic GH5 and from there to the Sony A7RV which is what I shoot right now. Basically I am in-debt for life, but I'm a diver so that's nothing new. The real difference now is I can shoot fish tails in 61MP. Past 2500 dives, shooting for 3000 right now.

    I post on instagram @cliffo_diver, some of my photos are used in educational material for reef.org and reefcheck.org.

    Cheers

  7. Hi! My name is Ellen and I've been diving for about 20 years. I've been upgrading cameras through the years -- just got my first full frame DSLR. I immediately stripped the port lock gear on my new housing (first time I tried to put the port on!!!). Some tears later, it is being repaired in time for my first underwater workshop in August. I'm doing the Insider Divers Workshop in Lembeh, Indonesia then the Komodo add on. I plan on learning as much as I can and enjoying more of the beautiful sea! I've really enjoyed meeting different people on the trips I've been on and made some great lifelong friends. Attatched is a photo that Simon Lorenz took of me in Raja Ampat last January. See you on the next trip? 

    Ellen  @Wunderdiver   (instagram)

    Raja Ampat 2023-01 Simon Lorenz-1228.jpg

    Edited by wunderhorn
  8. I will be there with my compact TG-6. First time with Simon  have heard good things about him and his trips. See you soon.

  9. Hi,

    I am Britta, a German living in Florida. I am a diver for over 25 years and I love taking pictures UW. Due to life changes I am not in the water as much as I would wish for. I don't want my awesome camera set up to collect only dust and will offer it for sale. Diving and photography is still my passion and it's time will come again. Love following everyone and live through your pictures.

  10. Hi everyone,

    My name is Manu, I'm based in Milton Keynes, UK. I started UW photo three or four years ago and absolutely love it! I have been reading many of the threads on this great forum in the past but never actually posted anything or asked for help or advice yet.

    Cheers!

    Manu

     

  11. Hi, I am Betti from Switzerland, thank you for having me here. I did my Open Water not long ago in 2015 in Maldives and than Advanced last year again in Maldives, between the courses I just did few dives but this summer I went for my first diving vacation to the Red Sea with some friends. Was an amazing experience and got a little addicted to diving, so far I only shot videos and pictures with GoPro but I am now looking to buy used underwater photography equipment to fit my Canon 5d iv and be ready for my trip in november again in Maldives..

    Actually I am looking to buy from a member here shjeong8 and if anyone can tell me he is a trust-full member I would really appreciate..  @adamhanlon could you maybe check him for me to be sure? Thank you <3

    DSC07720.JPG

    Edited by Aikoon

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.