Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi,

    I am from Tweed Heads in Australia. I have been diving intermittently for 40 years. My first underwater camera was a Sea and Sea Motor Marine II. Then I had an Olympus E-PL5 with housing and flash. 

    Now I am retired and looking at upgrading so have joined WetPixel for information and help with sale of my gear.

     

    Cheers,

    Andrew

  2. Good day,
    I'm in LOVE with diving! I purchased a Tg-5 awhile back and am eager to learn more UW photo skills.

  3. Hi all, I'm Simon, tech diver from Australia. New to Wetpixel. I really enjoy filming and editing underwater video (predominantly wreck and cave diving, but also open water environments). I am just about to step up from GoPro to some better equipment so I can get more serious with it. Hoping to get some feedback re camera options. 

  4. Hi Wetpixel!

    I've been a recreational underwater photographer since around 2008. I've shot in Indonesia, my favorite! Solomon Islands, Philippines, Mexico and more.

    Other than that I'm just a Realtor from L.A. that loves to play in the water and take too many photos....

    I have a smugmug account where I post my photos for friends www.nilihudson.smugmug.com

    Thanks,

    Ratings!

  5. Hello,

    I'm a aspiring UW macro photographer based in Singapore.
    Looking to learn more about this subject 

    Cheers!

  6. Hi there - I'm Rohan. :bye:

    I can usually be found diving the kelp-infested shores of Tasmania, though I have dived most popular (and many unpopular) sites throughout Asia and the Pacific. 

    I'm returning to underwater photography after a 10-year hiatus: so I'll be bugging people about equipment over the next few months, before hopefully sharing my photos and experiences. 

    Cheers,

    Rohan. 

     

     

  7. Aloha! My name is Alyssa Rodrigues. I am an freediver and  uw photographer in Hawaii! I am looking for an ikelite extension and am in dire need... I cant find it anywhere :(. its the Ikelite 5510.11 extension. Please let me know If anyone can sell me theirs I am in absolute need. Mahalo. 

  8. 48 minutes ago, whalesharkhi said:

    Aloha! My name is Alyssa Rodrigues. I am an freediver and  uw photographer in Hawaii! I am looking for an ikelite extension and am in dire need... I cant find it anywhere :(. its the Ikelite 5510.11 extension. Please let me know If anyone can sell me theirs I am in absolute need. Mahalo. 

    Hi Alyssa

    Welcome to Wetpixel. I’ve moved your post looking for the Ikelite part to the Classifieds forum as it’s more likely to get a response there. 

    Fingers crossed!

  9. 5 minutes ago, TimG said:

    Thank you so so so much I really appreciate you! :) 

     

  10. Hey everyone, I'm Matthew Seow. I have a YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/xennialtraveller) with mainly travel videos, although I haven't. been making too many videos this past year. I also dive for fun 1-2 times per year (about 90 or so dives now), so have been fortunate in a few locations to been able to combine those two interests. 

    As to "where I'm from"? I am currently based in Greensboro, North Carolina (USA). I grew up in Malaysia, I consider the UK my home home, and prior to Greensboro I was in Hong Kong for a few years.

    My main camera is a Sony A7S III, and I have a SeaFrogs housing for it. Previously, I was using a Panasonic LX10 in a Nauticam housing, which I'm probably looking to sell soon.

    I still have lots to learn about underwater video (and photo!), which is why I'm here. :)

  11. Hello. My name is Butch Cañares from Cebu, Philippines. I am a recreational and technical diver since 1996. I have just started getting serious in uw photography and starting setting up my gear. I currently use a basic Sony RX100M3 in a Seafrogs Salted Line housing and I recently purchased a Backscatter MF-2 since I mostly photograph small critters. I have an Instagram page under my name for my photos. I hope to learn more from this forum and from all of you wonderful people.

  12. Hi there, I’m Bart from The Netherlands. I’m a photographer and a diver but have never combined the two. Signed up to the forum to learn more about the specific gear needed for underwater photography.

  13. Hi I'm Ryan, I have been shooting in and around the water for 20 years, mainly surfing.

  14. Hi everyone, my name is Tara and I’m based in Hampshire, South UK. Was an international underwater model for the better part of 14 years but soon after retiring I took up photography and am now hoping to take my work underwater for the first time. Am here to find guidance and learn as much as I can. Thanks for having me ☺️

  15. Hello from Germany,

    I'm diving for almost 20 years but relatively new to underwater photography. I have been using an Olympus TG6 for a year now and still so many questions. Hope to find some answers here :)

    XX
    Chris

     

  16. Hello from Colorado. I’m Christopher and I’m just getting started with underwater photography. I’ve been using a GoPro for 8 months and want to upgrade. 

  17. Hello!

    My name is Benjamin Olson, I am a full-time conservation photographer based out of Minnesota. I once was an avid diver, and I am in the process of getting back into it!

  18. Matt here from Colorado. I have been reading Wetpixel for a while and taking underwater photos for several years. I am always looking to learn more.

  19. Hola a todos, soy José Salmerón de España, llevo mucho tiempo con vosotros pero no me he presentado, como vosotros soy un apasionado de la fotografía submarina, saludos.

  20. On 1/23/2023 at 11:36 PM, waterpixel said:

    Welcome! Good to see you here!

    Oh hey!! Likewise!! :)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.