Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi everyone !

    I'm a french scubadiver and underwater photographer addict :)

    I'm using a Sony A7III with a Easydive Leo3 Wi housing and stuffs.
    I'm happy to discover talented people and pictures !

  2. Hello everyone!

    I am originally from Hannover, Germany, but have been traveling full-time for the past 5 years. I am an avid diver and worked as a divemaster in Byron Bay, Australia. I absolutely love wildlife photography and am now trying to combine these two passions. 

    Cheers, 
    Kevin 

  3. Hey! Relatively new UW photographer coming from a background of nature photography on dry land. Completely hooked when I started UW in 2017 with a compact camera, and now I’ve finished studying I’m hoping to do a lot more. Thought it would be a great time to connect with this community and its wealth of knowledge. Trying to match my current on-land DSLR kit, lenses etc. with appropriate dome and extensions, so will be asking for input on this!


    Michael 

  4. 2 minutes ago, MichaelB said:

    so will be asking for input on this!

    Welcome Michael!

    Ask away. We are experts at helping folks empty their bank accounts :crazy:

  5. Hi folks, 
    I was a member of Wetpixel a whole bunch of years ago when I lived and worked in Yap and then Palau as an underwater videographer. Got hired to work for Nat Geo and took on the World. Started a family and eventually left the position when the global downturn hit. 

    Now living and working in Okinawa with my wife who was a dive guide that I met when working in Palau. My interest lies now predominantly in perfecting the art of split water shots for artistic shallow water and waterfall imaging. 

    I shoot Canon DSLR's mainly 5D3, 5DSr and I use a Sony A7S2 for home videos and YouTube content. 

    Cheers,
    Mark.

  6. Hello! 

    My name is Jin from S. Korea.

     

    I've been taking uwpics with my rx100 since 2016, but I feel like I need to get a better camera... so I decided to go for a7c and nauticam housing in march. 

    I decided to join wetpixel as my buddy in Stuart, FL recommended. I hope to learn more about fullframe from wetpixel! 

     

    Thank you.

  7. Hi. I have been reading wetpixel for years but just officially signed up. I split my time in retirement between the ski mountains of Utah and diving in STX. Only into UW photography the past 10 years with micro four thirds systems.  Love the info here

  8. Hi I'm Finn. I want to finally start doing underwater photography a bit more serious after just using gopro and have read the forum for a while. I decided to create an account to be able to discuss experiences and ask questions here. 

    I got the 100 VA with fantasea housing. Still considering strobes.. 

  9. Hello! 

    My name is Jon from Rhode Island, USA. I'm finishing up my PADI Divemaster and have been photographing topside and underwater for 3 years. Still new to the photography game in all aspects, but I'm slowly learning. 

    For videos I keep it simple for now with a GoPro Hero 10. For stills I have an older, used Panasonic Lumix G7 with an Ikelite Housing and a single Ikelite DS51 strobe (another is on the way). I dive mostly in New England but travel as often as possible for diving, most recently to the Caribbean. Next trip is to Curacao next year, which will be incredible. 

    I'd love to get some feedback on my photos and learn to become a better dive photographer from the largest dive photo community on the web!

    Jon

  10. Hi fellow divers

    Long time diver but recently getting into underwater photography. 

    Hoping to get some tips along the way. 

    Cheers

  11. Hi - I’m Peter from near London , UK. Been diving around 20 years - mainly wet suit but did some dry suit diving up at Scapa Flow several years ago. 
    Completed over 400 dives - Galapagos twice , Egypt numerous times , komodo , malapascua, similans etc. My photography sucks ….so joined to get some tips 

  12. Hi everyone,

    French traveler, fell in love with diving, got my divemaster and worked as a guide for a bit. Didn't have the call for teaching and instead of going for instructor decided to go for UW photography. Bought myself a Canon 7xmk2, 2 s2000 and some wet lenses and here we go :) !

    Didn't make a lot of money but it payed for my food and room, but being able to dive everyday, 4 times a day allowed me to learn very fast and a couple year later I started to feel limited by my equipment... Specially my s2000 that I burned, relentlessly firing them for my customers avid of pictures.

    I got myself a D500, and very luckily found a very good deal on a used kit. But I stopped there because I obviously lost my job when everything turn to sh.... these last years.

    Getting my job back this year so I am looking to replace my strobes with two retras, was looking for infos on it and ended up here !

    Lots of good stuff to learn in here, especially for a new SLR shooter ! Glad to be a new member !

    Cheers, Julien

  13. Hi All!

    Matt here, out of Seattle. I’m an engineer by trade and landscape photographer as a hobby. I picked up diving back in 2019 and have been hooked since. I’m excited to get into UW photography and figured this would be a great place to start.

    Let me know if you’ve got any specific questions!

    Matt

    Edited by MattPNW
  14. Hi all,

    I've been diving since '84, but took a 15 year hiatus. Got back into it this summer. Was asking myself all summer why I ever quit. I love it. Heading to cave country in a couple of weeks to get sidemount and cavern trained. Photography has always been a hobby and now I want to take it to the water. I currently focus on wildlife and landscape, although I've done some sports photgraphy. Looking forward to getting some tips from y'all. 

    Thanks, Scott

  15. Howdy All,

    I have been diving for over 20 years and been- I also manage See the Sea which manufactures prescription dive mask lenses (including oversized reading lenses for photographers). I have been spending most of this last year traveling to create new photo and video content, and I am always looking here to get tips. I figured it was finally time to become an actual member!

    - Josh

  16. Hi! 

    My name is Zac, i'm a aerial DP based in Vancouver. I've recently gotten into underwater photography / video. I own an A1 Nauticam housing. 

    Hope to read and see more on this forum! 

    Cheers

  17. Hi from Australia,

    I’m a keen snorkeller and looking to get my PADI open water diving certificate soon. I’ve been a photographer on land for many years (mostly birds, macro and wildlife) and I’ve got the underwater photography bug after hiring an underwater camera setup on holiday. 

    I want to keep my setup as compact as possible for travel purposes so I’ve just ordered a seafrogs housing for my little Sony a6000 and I’m looking to buy a strobe or two to add to my setup soon. 

    Thank you for the add - I’m looking forward to learning all about underwater photography from other members of this forum.

  18. Hello! I'm a Canadian currently based in Australia (for now)!
    Have been doing a good amount of diving in Melbourne, Victoria; and soon I plan to dive in the colder waters of Vancouver, British Columbia. Got into underwater photography just this July and I'm in love with the hobby now.
    Currently using a TG6 and a single strobe; looking forward to learning and growing more on this forum and share some photos eventually as well!

  19. Hi, I'm Zlati from Bulgaria.

    I'm new in the underwater photography (only 1 year), but I have some experience with overwater photos ;-) 

    Cheers,

    Zlati

  20. Hello,  My name Is Bob, and I am from Charleston SC. I am looking forward to contributing and learning from this site.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.