Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi everyone. I was looking to upgrade my A6300 to an A1 and realized that wetpixel has much more to offer than at first glance - not just for gear, but for other discussions - which is why I joined. I'm in the Philippines so have some great diving nearby.

  2. Hello,

     

    I'm new and learning how to translate surface videography to underwater work.

  3. Hi,

    My name is Vincent and I'm based in Hossegor, South West of France.

    I'm a director and cinematographer and I spend quite a lot of time shooting in the water.

    Friends recommended me Wet Pixel and I'm stocked to be onboard.

  4. Hi I am Bruce from Sydney, a retired SSI instructor who has been diving a long time and yes, still diving.

    UW photography is a passion :)

  5. Hi there,

    I’m Nelson from Melbourne, Australia. Just a rec diver here looking into getting into UW photography! Would be great to link up with other Melbournians 

  6. Hello Wetpixel. joining up to see whats up in the world of underwater photog and sell some gear. San Diego by way of Brisbane, Okinawa and before all of that...Baltimore. Cheers

  7. Hi 

    My Name is Karim , I am working as Liveaboard cruise director in The red sea since 2015, I am SSI active status instructor,  and I do also underwater photography since 4 years .

    Happy to make part of this community,  willing to help as much as I can .

    CHEERS

  8. Hello,

    I'm back from a long absence! I'm from Denver, CO, USA and started learning on this site in 2003'ish when I initially started diving.  Stopped diving shortly thereafter due to life, which included having a daughter and narrowing my focus to mtn adrenaline sports.  She saw a grainy diving video of me in Bonaire from 2003 and I promised her we'd go diving when she was ready (she is now 13 yo and says she is ready). 

    Excited to return and thank you up front for teaching an old dog some new tricks soon.  I just bought a TG-6 due to some recommendations on this site for our trip to Bora Bora in 2 weeks!

  9. Hi everyone.

    I went snorkeling for the first time, a few times last year.  I borrowed someone's underwater camera (and used a disposable film camera the other times).  I am going again soon.  This time with my own underwater camera.

  10. Hi

    I've been diving for a few years and love the underwater world and trying to photograph it. A recent "event" has meant that I am starting from scratch with a Nikon D500 and a secondhand Subal housing, a big change from my previous camera, an Olympus mirrorless .....so I'll be asking a lot of questions that are Nikon related I'm sure ;)

  11. 1 hour ago, Mags said:

    Nikon D500 and a secondhand Subal housing,

    There are a few of us using this (brilliant!) combination, so ask away......

  12. Hi everyone,

    My name is Craine, and l I'm in the Clearwater, FL area. I've been working on my photography above and below the water for the last 10 years or so. I shoot a Sony a6400 in a Seafrogs housing with Inon strobes, and I'm finally getting results I'm proud of. 

  13. Bonjour,

    Je suis un photographe sous marin de LYON (France), plusieurs fois champion de France de photographie sous marine. J'ai participé à 6 championnats du monde de la CMAS.

    J'aime toujours autant la compétition et la recherche de l'image parfaite.

  14. Introductory post... Been scuba diving and taking underwater photos since 1968. Started with Nikonos I, then Nik III, then various Nikons in various housings inc. Ikelite, Aquatica and Subal... all the way to D800. Got fed up with the weight and size of that in a Nauticam housing and downsized to Sony A6500, then A6400 with its improved AF. Heavily invested in Nauticam, but not endorsing that brand (actually, hoping my next housing isn't a Nauticam)!

  15. New to the forum, beginner quality UW shooter, suck at PS beyond belief.  Beyond photography, diving, shooting, hunting, motorcycling, and Mountain Biking. Been creeping for a while, love the content and the expertise of the people here, way better than other places.

     

     

     

     

     

     

    y4mc7U9Ebzt3Ni_NGERSN1oiqPeYBY3RDdxVJX4x

     

    y4mFCzeYJqSXhwg_NsFALMGSavFOe9rn6jS8t1qs

  16. Hi

    I'm getting back into U/W photography since it has gone digital.

  17. Hi - After 7 years with go pro trying to enjoy myself with an E-pl10 kit from backscatter. Looking forward to learn here!

    Udi

  18. Hi there,

    Iʻm Michael from Hawaii. I didnʻt have much time to take photos under water in the last years,  itʻs time for a change. Canʻt wait to get back out there with my AquaTech housing. 

    You can see some of my photography here: https://www.leecaptureshawaii.com/Prints/Island-Collection There are just a few under water photos at the moment. More to come.

     

  19. Hi Everyone,

    My name is Eli Lewis and I'm from Santa Cruz, California. I've been diving for 10+ years, but just recently got into UW photography. Currently i'm using a Subal ND-20 Housing with a Nikon D200. Can't wait to get more serious about UW photography!

    FbYkYHn.jpgj5hV874.jpg

  20. Hi all,

    I live in Greece, enjoy snorkeling (usually up to 5m) and underwater photography. I currently use an Olympus TG6 with an Olympus wide extender (FCON-T01) and usually photograph wide photography with my other half as the main subject. Here are some of my best so far:

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079204@N06/50321396352/in/album-72177720300080870/

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079204@N06/50299060866/in/album-72177720300080870/

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079204@N06/50299062016/in/album-72177720300080870/

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079204@N06/48739403502/in/album-72177720300080870/

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079204@N06/44425273871/in/album-72177720300080870/

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079204@N06/29383257597/in/album-72177720300080870/

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.